2008 Lexus IS F Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Staggering
By Dennis on 11/12/08 10:42 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have a Mercedes C32 AMG and CLK500 but the ISF is so good I can see myself selling off the Mercedes. The ride is a bit firm for rougher chip roads (which we have a lot of here in New Zealand) but the electronics are faultless, the bellow of the car great and it does all that I hoped it would do - I am a Lexus convert!

M3 and C63
By s.park on 11/03/08 06:32 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I had 2 M3s and 1 C55 and I did test drive all new M3, C63, and IS-F. I bought this car b/c never had super sedan from Toyota (also I had modified supra). Advantage - ownership cost cheaper, better reliability, better fuel economy than M3 and C63. Disadvantage - resale value lower than M3 (not C63) even though "exclusive IS-F", M3 and C63 are more fun to drive, better build quality, and better handling than IS-F. No manual trans vs. M3 (not C63), slower than M3 and C63 (not much diff. but still)

Thank you, Lexus!
By Nightspore68 on 10/22/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I was going to settle for a 335 coupe and out of desperation for a more exciting ride I test drove the M3, but I, too, was very disappointed with it. I actually preferred the 335. Not sure I wanted to spend 50k on a car I didn't love I consulted a friend who suggested the new Lexus. My wife had been trying to get me to look at Lexuses, but they're not exactly renowned drivers' cars. Anyway I drove the IS350 (which I liked a lot) then the IS-F. I bought the IS-F on the spot. What a great car! The torque, the engine sound, even the automatic transmission was great (in manual mode it can shift really fast). The Mark Levinson stereo is light years beyond anything I've ever heard from Bose.

2008 IS F Review
By LexusISF_Rocks on 09/25/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I had a 2005 Corvette with the Z51 package, and I loved the torque. However, I had it for 3 years, and I needed a change. Test drove a 2008 BMW M3 with the new 4.0, and it was a dog. I was very disappointed, as I really wanted to get it. It is not designed for folks that like torque. The Lexus has more torque and is much more fun to drive, especially when the 2nd intake opens up, and you can hear it, very nice. It sounded nicer than my Corvette ever did. The fit and finish are 1st class. The 8-speed Direct Shift automatic is a blast. The brakes are Brembo's, and are top- notch. Handling matches the Corvette. Road and Track states that it beats the Corvette in a number of areas. Awesome!!

great car!!!
By EURIEBABY on 09/01/08 10:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I didn't expect to get 16 mpg on the street on this kind of sports car, but I am getting that. great handling, cornering and braking. This IS-F is just breath-taking. When that mid range intake kicks in, it is monster. Very comfortable seats.

2008 Lexus IS F
By redline78 on 08/20/08 00:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Lexus built IS-F to compete with BMW M3. This car is supposed to go fast and have good handling at high speed. If people want softer ride and slower car, that is what IS250 for. I say go fast or go home! :P My previous car was IS350 and I sold it to get IS-F. I love my IS350 and I love IS-F more. Faster car, very nice muscular/louder engine, 19" gunmetal wheels made by BBS and brakes by Brembos... this car hits the mark in my book. I was going to buy the new M3 but I bought this one instead. This car go so fast so quick you don't notice you are going fast until you look down on speedo. :x

The Best
By Ferdi on 08/04/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Wanting to buy the M3, but ended up buying the blue exterior and white interior ISF. No regret, this car is super fast at the same time super comfortable. I love this sport sound when you step on the accelerator. This car is totally different from my 08 LS 460. 2 years free maintenance, free car wash forever, free detail every year, reliability plus excellent customer service what more can I ask.

Sports car of my dreams
By BILL BOULWARE on 06/30/08 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have been buying Lexus cars for the last 15 years and they have always provided luxury, comfort, reliability and safety. Now they have all the above plus speed and fun. The IS-F provides great acceleration, agility and high speed with great control and safety. The top speed is over 185, but limited to 168 by a governor. The 0-60 time was 4.2 seconds but Lexus advertises 4.6 sec. Overall this is a great sports car that also feels good just with every day driving.

Outstanding car!
By Outstanding car!!! on 06/04/08 06:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is a great car by Lexus! The sound of that V8 is outstanding people all over are looking at the car like what is that most people never heard of it! This is the most fun I have had in a car I almost feel like I'm on my motorcycle... lol. Great sound system, crisp sound, still reading the books that came with it. The car has so much on it! The car is fast plus it has a nice ride.

Underrated by the "experts" and wrong
By IS_F guy on 06/03/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

3 months ago I decided it was time to consider a luxury sport car. My priorities are performance, technology and gadgets tied with reliability. The IS F: radical looks very much distinguishing itself as "this ain't your Mom's Lexus". Much better ergonomics, beefier engine and of course Lexus reliability. Done.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.