Used 2008 Lexus IS F Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus Is-f - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Great Car!!!!!!!!!!!!
By HC

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have been driving this car for 3 months now, I have to say that I'm really impressed with gas mileage, HWY 26mpg, CITY 18mpg for a 400+ hp is really good, ride comfort is not bad, I live in The Woodlands TX and we have no bumpy roads which makes it a pretty smooth ride so far... The Power is amazing, really fast, and also very good looking. If you are looking for POWER and LUXURY this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Power, luxury

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Not bad on first try
By malujerry

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I'm writing this review after 2 months of having it. I was debating between the M3 and this, but after reviewing reliability histories and the true price difference AFTER options, I decided on taking a gamble on Lexus's new fastest car. This car is almost the perfect balance between a race car and daily driver, it is almost perfect for being noticeable, but yet not so noticeable, and quite frankly can be either boring or crazy fun, depending on your mood. To sum it up, I have very little regret over this purchase and unless it's a Bentley, Lambo, or Ferrari next to me on the road, I never feel "shown up."

Favorite Features

Engine and the sound when the 2nd intake opens up, standard features and almost everything in the optional navigation system, and the almost too aggressive exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger car (or just make it a coupe), manual transmission, side-by-side instead of stacked rear exhaust=diffusers and a more aggressive "sport" mode (like open that second intake and produce more low-end power on demand).

First sports sedan
By malujerry

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car is great. I was leaning towards the M3, but the huge price difference and reliability, along with a test drive, made me choose the ISF. I would not have gone with another car within the same class.

Favorite Features

I love how almost every option is standard. The seats are great, rims are hot, and pushing the engine to the limit while in sport mode should be illegal! The roar on this is addictive and intoxicating, but only when needed - which is the way it should be.

Suggested Improvements

Minor issues- Put real quad exhausts, manual transmission, easier to use navigation, better voice-recognition software. Major issue - this car definitely needs better ride quality.

Best super sedan for the money
By micaISF

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Pros: stupid fast. Excellent handling, very predictive and sure footed. Excellent build quality. Comfortable cabin for a sports car. Lexus quiet on smooth pavement. Extremely fast gear changes with manual mode. Powerful brakes. Very well equipped with little nonsense options. Excellent fuel economy for v8. Cons: steering a bit too firm at low speed. Car is a bit heavy and not as tossable as a small sports car. Mark Levinson is mediocre in quality. Ergonomics is not as intuitive as Acura/ Honda. Automatic transmission is a bit sluggish unless switched to manual mode. Loud cabin on rough surface or when under wide open throttle.

Favorite Features

416 horses. Super fast transmission (manual mode). Ultra powerful brakes. Build quality. Quiet cabin (at least on smooth pavement).

Suggested Improvements

Audio system ergonomics. More aggressive automatic transmission in sports mode. Reduce weight. Quantitative tire pressure monitor. More rear leg room.

I got a kid but I still like to drive
By domino

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I spent the first 45 years of my life single and without any kids. I've driven everything from Vipers, to Jags, a host of AMGs, not to mention 1 Aston Martin. I thought about dropping the amount of money for an M5 but then I thought, I have a little girl. I need to spend the money on her. I decided on the IS-F. I drive it daily, like a normal person with my family and like a maniac when I'm alone. So far no problems and nothing but sheer fun. I wish the Lexus people had thought to put adjustable shocks in it to dampen the ride when necessary but oh well. I can always get new kidneys when I'm 80.

Favorite Features

Insane power, thru a wide range of the engine. Love the 8 speed tranny and the fit and finish of the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable damping on the shocks. Sport for when you want to drive hard and something a little softer for everyday use