Used 2008 Lexus IS F Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

The perfect car for me
By caymandiver75

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned this car now for 2.5 years and have put 20k miles on it. The car has performed flawlessly requiring no unscheduled maintenance to be done.

-This car is FAST!! -Handles very well -Very low maintenance -Excellent hwy mpg (29!) -Amazing Mark Levinson Sound system -Heated seats work well

-Tires are too small for the power/weight -Brake dust builds up quick -Easy to get a speeding ticket with!

Under the radar
By j_az

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car is just amazing! The Engine is fierce, 420hp from a normally aspirated 5 liter V8. I love this car because only a handful of people know what this car is and everyone else just assumes it's just another Lexus, that's fine with me because it keeps me under the radar, but when the occasional person in the know sees the car, jaws drop! The exhaust note is also intoxicating. 8 spd tranny is fantastic. I have owned Audis and VWs with their dual clutch trannys which i can say honestly are the best I have ever driven, but the Lexus does not come up short here. Interior is well designed. Steering wheel feels a tad thin for me and the leather is just too soft.

Engine, Styling, transmission and reliability.

Tougher leather, Thicker steering wheel, a bit more bass from ML sub and a little bit more HP.

M3-Killer
By Louie

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Great Car, especially the USB color. I drive it daily and love it. Seems a little heavy during stop and go traffic. A real head turner everyone loves that car. No regrets, no problems as of yet. Love the fact that it's a Toyota and don't have to worry about all the issues with euro cars.

Mark Levinson Stereo, Nav, Transmission, Acceleration, Looks

AWD, and better tires for all weather driving that last more than 14k. Also the Speakerphone bluetooth thing kinda blows, people say I sound like I'm under water!

This thing is a BEAST!
By KT

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've driven a lot of sports cars and this is among the most fun. I tried the M3/5 and the AMG and just preferred the way the IS-F is tuned. It is a lot more like a muscle car than the M's and I guess I'm just not a Mercedes guy. Plus, with Lexus, I don't have to worry about all the reliability issues of the Germans. Love the grunt, the automatic is buttery smooth and the manual mode is actually decent (from a diehard straight drive fan). Don't understand people whining about the ride. This is a SPORTS car, and it's actually not even that bad for a sports car. Plus I can get 25-27 easily on the highway, 28 if I try hard. Overall an awesome car. Would like ventilated seats, but small gripe.

Drivetrain is superb. Sound system good. Fuel economy awesome for what it is. I never see any on the road and, accordingly, this car gets tons of attention. Low profile enough, but mean looking enough to stand out.

Ventilated seats would be nice for us southerners. Maybe a HUD.

More bang for your buck than BMW m3
By IS-F for life = )

2008 Lexus IS F Sedan 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is the best car I have ever owned and driven. This car came standard with all options including navigation etc. Extremely reliable, and with cruise control on when driving on the open road, I averaged 29.8 mpg while going 70mph which is impressive for a v-8 sports car even if you don't like the brand. I paid 54,000 for my car which came with everything, and compared to the legendary BMW m-3 which cost over 71,000 and only came with heated leather seats and nothing else standard! Lexus is more bang for your buck! Never owned a Lexus before, but this is great!

Love the second air intake that opens at 3600 rpm, and overall styling. It looks unique, and you don't have to look like everyone else in a BMW or Mercedes. Seats keep you in place and are highest quality leather I have had in my cars as a non-rich person.

A little more leg space for everyone in car would be great, but it is still good even with me being 6'3.