2008 Lexus IS F - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 8-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
The perfect car for me
By caymandiver75 on 01/02/11 13:12 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've owned this car now for 2.5 years and have put 20k miles on it. The car has performed flawlessly requiring no unscheduled maintenance to be done.

Under the radar
By j_az on 08/25/10 00:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car is just amazing! The Engine is fierce, 420hp from a normally aspirated 5 liter V8. I love this car because only a handful of people know what this car is and everyone else just assumes it's just another Lexus, that's fine with me because it keeps me under the radar, but when the occasional person in the know sees the car, jaws drop! The exhaust note is also intoxicating. 8 spd tranny is fantastic. I have owned Audis and VWs with their dual clutch trannys which i can say honestly are the best I have ever driven, but the Lexus does not come up short here. Interior is well designed. Steering wheel feels a tad thin for me and the leather is just too soft.

M3-Killer
By Louie on 11/28/09 03:53 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Great Car, especially the USB color. I drive it daily and love it. Seems a little heavy during stop and go traffic. A real head turner everyone loves that car. No regrets, no problems as of yet. Love the fact that it's a Toyota and don't have to worry about all the issues with euro cars.

This thing is a BEAST!
By KT on 09/21/09 09:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I've driven a lot of sports cars and this is among the most fun. I tried the M3/5 and the AMG and just preferred the way the IS-F is tuned. It is a lot more like a muscle car than the M's and I guess I'm just not a Mercedes guy. Plus, with Lexus, I don't have to worry about all the reliability issues of the Germans. Love the grunt, the automatic is buttery smooth and the manual mode is actually decent (from a diehard straight drive fan). Don't understand people whining about the ride. This is a SPORTS car, and it's actually not even that bad for a sports car. Plus I can get 25-27 easily on the highway, 28 if I try hard. Overall an awesome car. Would like ventilated seats, but small gripe.

More bang for your buck than BMW m3
By IS-F for life = ) on 08/09/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is the best car I have ever owned and driven. This car came standard with all options including navigation etc. Extremely reliable, and with cruise control on when driving on the open road, I averaged 29.8 mpg while going 70mph which is impressive for a v-8 sports car even if you don't like the brand. I paid 54,000 for my car which came with everything, and compared to the legendary BMW m-3 which cost over 71,000 and only came with heated leather seats and nothing else standard! Lexus is more bang for your buck! Never owned a Lexus before, but this is great!

Great Car!!!!!!!!!!!!
By HC on 06/15/09 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I have been driving this car for 3 months now, I have to say that I'm really impressed with gas mileage, HWY 26mpg, CITY 18mpg for a 400+ hp is really good, ride comfort is not bad, I live in The Woodlands TX and we have no bumpy roads which makes it a pretty smooth ride so far... The Power is amazing, really fast, and also very good looking. If you are looking for POWER and LUXURY this is the car for you.

Not bad on first try
By malujerry on 04/21/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I'm writing this review after 2 months of having it. I was debating between the M3 and this, but after reviewing reliability histories and the true price difference AFTER options, I decided on taking a gamble on Lexus's new fastest car. This car is almost the perfect balance between a race car and daily driver, it is almost perfect for being noticeable, but yet not so noticeable, and quite frankly can be either boring or crazy fun, depending on your mood. To sum it up, I have very little regret over this purchase and unless it's a Bentley, Lambo, or Ferrari next to me on the road, I never feel "shown up."

First sports sedan
By malujerry on 03/13/09 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This car is great. I was leaning towards the M3, but the huge price difference and reliability, along with a test drive, made me choose the ISF. I would not have gone with another car within the same class.

Best super sedan for the money
By micaISF on 01/21/09 01:20 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Pros: stupid fast. Excellent handling, very predictive and sure footed. Excellent build quality. Comfortable cabin for a sports car. Lexus quiet on smooth pavement. Extremely fast gear changes with manual mode. Powerful brakes. Very well equipped with little nonsense options. Excellent fuel economy for v8. Cons: steering a bit too firm at low speed. Car is a bit heavy and not as tossable as a small sports car. Mark Levinson is mediocre in quality. Ergonomics is not as intuitive as Acura/ Honda. Automatic transmission is a bit sluggish unless switched to manual mode. Loud cabin on rough surface or when under wide open throttle.

I got a kid but I still like to drive
By domino on 12/13/08 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS F 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

I spent the first 45 years of my life single and without any kids. I've driven everything from Vipers, to Jags, a host of AMGs, not to mention 1 Aston Martin. I thought about dropping the amount of money for an M5 but then I thought, I have a little girl. I need to spend the money on her. I decided on the IS-F. I drive it daily, like a normal person with my family and like a maniac when I'm alone. So far no problems and nothing but sheer fun. I wish the Lexus people had thought to put adjustable shocks in it to dampen the ride when necessary but oh well. I can always get new kidneys when I'm 80.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.