Used 2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan

View reviews for a specific IS 350 model:

Awesome blend of sport and luxury.
By Byron

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I wanted to drive mine for a few months before rating it. My first impressions were nothing but positive, so I thought I would drive it for a bit before advising others. Here are the categories that are important to me:

Looks: Exterior: I love the way my IS350 F Sport looks. I've read that it's polarizing, and I think that's pretty accurate. For me, it's perfect.

Looks: Interior: I love the interior. This was the main reason I chose Lexus over Audi, BMW, or Mercedes. Since I'm on the inside, I care about that more than the exterior. The mouse takes some time to get used to, but now it's like 2nd nature. I love the way it clicks into position depending on which screen I'm in. It doesn't just free float like a traditional mouse. It knows where each button is on each screen, and gives physical feedback as you toggle. The guages are one of the best features. It's extremely easy to have the info you want clearly visible.

Performance: I almost always drive in Sport+ mode. The only time I drive in Normal mode is on the interstate (for the extra gas mileage). In town, it's just too much fun to drive in Sport+ mode to worry about the gas savings. The F Sport in the RWD is the way to go due to the 8 speed transmission. Every gear is so smooth and acceleration is adequate for normal driving. One of my favorite parts of driving in Sport+ mode is the throaty engine sound when the RPM go above 3k. It gives the extra feel to the experience of driving a sports car without having it become obnoxious.

Great Exterior, Not so well designed Interior
By kikileon

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

Great looking outside, definitely! Lots of power. Sadly the interior kills this car: Being a 2014, Lexus really missed the mark, specially for today's modern electronics. Poorly designed are: compass pointer appears to point in the opposite direction. Default on the main screen is not Home; poor map utility; no change holder for coins; cup holder is too narrow for anything other than a small cup; no place to put your phone; radio missing many featured buttons such as Scan button; no memory setting for seats/mirrors; poor turn signal design; poor dash display; radio highs are muffled; mouse does not click so you have to fiddle a lot to get it where you want.

Very impressed
By wasgmguy

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded in my 08 cadillac CTS on this new 2014 IS350 AWD.
I have been a GM guy all my life and decided to go with my first import car.
I looked at BMW, Audi, Ford Fusion and a few others.
If you are looking for a true sport sedan, look else were.
This is more luxury than sport. It has a very comfortable interior and perfectly laid out.
It does handle great and has very impressive performance.
I still think BMW does handle a little better.
Audi was a little too stiff riding but had a lush interior.
But Lexus fit all my requirements this time.
I have only owned it for a couple months, so far, so good.
I hope it's reliable as they say.

Exterior design. I wasn't too sure of the grill and tail lights when I first seen the car in pictures. But after seeing the car in person, and purchasing it, I love the looks and have had many compliments. I have heard others say they hated the Mark Levinson stereo, I think it sounds great. There probably is a lot better out there, but this sounds perfect to me.

Does not come with a remote start. Living in Canada, every auto should come with a remote start. The navigation is kind of low grade, they could have done better in my opinion.

F-Sport package is worth the upgrade!
By bluesteelm3

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 8A)

I just recently traded my 2011 Lexus IS350 F-Sport for the 2014. I planned on ordering a 2014 IS F, but after test driving the IS350, was pretty much sold. I considered waiting for the RS F, but decided I did not want a coupe. The handling of this car is very similar to my 2006 M3...this car handles turns and seems to ‘grip’ the road much better than my 2011 IS – it drives more like a BMW. The engine sounds incredible – and truly proves that despite the luxury, this is a sports car. I ordered the red leather interior (which comes with carbon fiber trim and black accents), and it is absolutely gorgeous. The technology is significantly improved and the interior is much more sleek and refined.

Suspension S-Sport Mode F-Sport Package Mark Levinson Audio 8-Speed Transmission

This is one of the best cars I have ever driven.
By jmarte

2014 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The performance is impressive coming from a V6 and it is so comfortable for a small sports car. The interior isn't bad at all it is like being in a modern art museum! The mouse on the dashboard is extremely helpful. I could look up traffic alerts and it automatically changes my route so I don't have to go into heavy traffic. I would prefer this to any Audi.

The price of the options because they are like Porsche options that increase the car's price rapidly. Add more room to the back seats because sometimes it is a little cramped at some times.