Used 2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

IS350!!!
By kevindan123

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beyond words. I just purchased this car and I can not stop driving this thing. It is my first luxury sports sedan and first car I am owning. I have to say I am very impressed with the overall quality of this car. It is 4 years old now (2008 model) but shows terrific condition and durability. The car has a stunning look and turns heads everywhere I go. The interior is Lexus quality at its finest. They put top notch materials in this car and the cabin is a pleasure to be in. Waking up every morning to this car is like a dream come true. Get this car you will not regret it!

Favorite Features

- powerful V-6 engine - perfect interior and pleasing to the touch - back-up camera - nagivation - heated and ventilated seats - HID Lights - fantastic sound system - comfortable seats and layout inside - 18" sport rims w/ low profile tires

Suggested Improvements

- poor gas mileage (but expected for sports car) - uses premium fuel - expensive to repair but very reliable - hard to see out of and huge blind spots - does have a few rattles when driving but car is not brand new - very tight backseat - navigation locks driver out when driving

Pleasantly surprised
By Mike

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a ES350 and although it was a wonderful car, it didn't feel like it was MY personal car. The IS350 gives you that personal car feel and it is super fast and comfortable. I have yet to see another one in the city which also makes you feel special. Wonderful automobile with comfort and style.

Favorite Features

great interior and exterior,comfortable seats in the front. Although the rear is a little cramped, I never have anyone in the back riding with me. Ultra quiet ride and FAST! Great car overall.

Suggested Improvements

Memory drivers seat would be nice.

Great sports sedan
By Feh

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros/Likes: Very silent, smooth V6 engine, powerful acceleration and pulls hard beyond 4000rpm, excellent brakes, bulletproof electrics, excellent base sound-system, vented heated seats great in summer, soft plastics are a pleasure to the touch, nice LED lighting ambiance inside. Absolutely nothing like a regular Toyota (even though people love to say Lexus are overpriced Toyota... NOT). Cons/dislikes: Too silent for my tastes (needs a BMW like I6 grunt), awkward position of clock, tripmeter odo is not separate, navigation takes time to get used to, very limited headroom (I'm 5'9" and my head brushes the headliner with the seat all the way flat).

Favorite Features

Excellent acceleration/power for a V6, excellent brakes (much more powerful than the IS250 brakes).

Suggested Improvements

Needs 1-2 more inches of headroom.

Great Car
By Mike

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bottom Line- Ultimate compromise between sport and luxury. Very quick, smooth, glides over nicks and crannies in the road. I spend plenty of time on the road- love the silent ride! On the contrary, when the pedal hits the mat, the engine makes an extremely defined roar. Comfortable as hell up front, not so in the back. If I was at the track every day, 335i would be my choice. If I needed a car that would accommodate my daily driving with comfort and performance- no brainer- IS350. Excellent Audio.

Favorite Features

Speed, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Leg room

Very fine vehicle
By Oregonhiker

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2008 loaded Lexus IS350 w/7,000 miles...this is my 5th Lexus, the others being SUV's, but have also owned 3 BMW's, including a wonderful M3. The IS350 is a great car. 98% of my driving is city, suburb or highway and it performs flawlessly. If I drove major "twisties" everyday, maybe I would have bought another BMW, but few of us have the "true" abilities to push either Lexus or BMW to their honest limits... It has 90% of the BMW capabilities, IMHO, plus a quieter ride, better interior, better exterior, more reliability and at least an equal resale value. It doesn't scream "look at me"...hey, even the engine and muffler are quiet, but power is vastly available when you want it.

Favorite Features

* Interior features / comforts (+ Nav) * Engine. Major power. * Resale value and reliability * Comfortable ride for hours * Exterior stance. * 18 inch wheels - graphite. * Overall Lexus quality... been loving THAT for years. * Not "everyone" has one. A little more exclusivity.

Suggested Improvements

* Little bigger back seat. * Manual transmission option. Accept it for what it is...it's a Lexus, and a fine one at that. Stop comparing it to "everything else" and see how it stacks up to your criteria. It's a very fine vehicle that puts a smile on my face everyday. Best wishes in your search