2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
IS350!!!
By kevindan123 on 01/14/13 12:19 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beyond words. I just purchased this car and I can not stop driving this thing. It is my first luxury sports sedan and first car I am owning. I have to say I am very impressed with the overall quality of this car. It is 4 years old now (2008 model) but shows terrific condition and durability. The car has a stunning look and turns heads everywhere I go. The interior is Lexus quality at its finest. They put top notch materials in this car and the cabin is a pleasure to be in. Waking up every morning to this car is like a dream come true. Get this car you will not regret it!

Pleasantly surprised
By Mike on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a ES350 and although it was a wonderful car, it didn't feel like it was MY personal car. The IS350 gives you that personal car feel and it is super fast and comfortable. I have yet to see another one in the city which also makes you feel special. Wonderful automobile with comfort and style.

Great sports sedan
By Feh on 10/19/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Pros/Likes: Very silent, smooth V6 engine, powerful acceleration and pulls hard beyond 4000rpm, excellent brakes, bulletproof electrics, excellent base sound-system, vented heated seats great in summer, soft plastics are a pleasure to the touch, nice LED lighting ambiance inside. Absolutely nothing like a regular Toyota (even though people love to say Lexus are overpriced Toyota... NOT). Cons/dislikes: Too silent for my tastes (needs a BMW like I6 grunt), awkward position of clock, tripmeter odo is not separate, navigation takes time to get used to, very limited headroom (I'm 5'9" and my head brushes the headliner with the seat all the way flat).

Great Car
By Mike on 08/30/09 21:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bottom Line- Ultimate compromise between sport and luxury. Very quick, smooth, glides over nicks and crannies in the road. I spend plenty of time on the road- love the silent ride! On the contrary, when the pedal hits the mat, the engine makes an extremely defined roar. Comfortable as hell up front, not so in the back. If I was at the track every day, 335i would be my choice. If I needed a car that would accommodate my daily driving with comfort and performance- no brainer- IS350. Excellent Audio.

Very fine vehicle
By Oregonhiker on 04/18/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2008 loaded Lexus IS350 w/7,000 miles...this is my 5th Lexus, the others being SUV's, but have also owned 3 BMW's, including a wonderful M3. The IS350 is a great car. 98% of my driving is city, suburb or highway and it performs flawlessly. If I drove major "twisties" everyday, maybe I would have bought another BMW, but few of us have the "true" abilities to push either Lexus or BMW to their honest limits... It has 90% of the BMW capabilities, IMHO, plus a quieter ride, better interior, better exterior, more reliability and at least an equal resale value. It doesn't scream "look at me"...hey, even the engine and muffler are quiet, but power is vastly available when you want it.

My IS-350
By Stix1951 on 01/15/09 10:15 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my IS-350. It is fun to drive, comfortable, great looking and handles nicely. The prompt response when needed or wanted is awesome when slipping into manual trans mode. Nav system is to be desired. It has some good points and I used it on several occasions to find my way but the voice recognition is worthless. Audio system is OK but it would be nice to see the track name and not just a number on CDs. Limited rear seat leg room could be a problem but I seldom use it so I deal with it. Memory front seats should be standard, after all, this is a Lexus.

Lexus IS 350
By D2ab on 08/30/08 08:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my IS 350. I looked at many cars in this class (BMW 335i, A4, Acura TL, Mercedes C class, etc.). I really didn't even want to look at the Lexus because everyone seems to be driving Lexuses these days and I wanted something different. However, once I saw the IS I changed my mind. We have had no problems and driving is very fun. The car is fast, but not as much road noise as other cars had. I had to get the luxury package to get the memory position seats and love having the heated and ventilated front seats. The interior is loaded and very comfortable.

Wattarocket!
By FuegoFan on 08/07/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit that I've only owned my IS350 for about six weeks now but I am very impressed with it so far. My wife drives a 2004 Lexus RX330 so we were already familiar with the outstanding build quality of Lexus vehicles. My last three cars had been Mercedes C-Classes. Those were nice cars but Lexus has left Mercedes in the dust with the standard features, power, comfort and overall quality of the IS350. What may be the most impressive is the value of the IS350 for the money spent but that has to compete with the hustle this car shows and the way it hunkers down when going into corners at speed. It is a really fun car to own and drive!

Performance + Luxury = IS350
By igofast on 08/03/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I test drove many cars before selecting the Lexus IS 350 (C350, 335i, G35, G37, CTS). I believe it has the best combination of performance and luxury in this market segment. The car is very fast, the interior is terrific, with very soft leather and a nice dash layout. The seats are very comfortable. I have the navigation and the Mark Levinson sound system options and the sound is fantastic! The gas mileage is not that great but is costs a little extra to go fast! Best car I have ever owned and the service at the dealership has been excellent. So far I have about 6000 miles with zero problems. Did I mention that this car is fast!! And comfortable. ++

Not bad, not great
By Scott on 07/28/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So close to being perfect, a shame they blew a few details that make it less than so. The luxury/sporty balance is second to none. ML stereo sounds wonderful although XM sounds crappy (not Lexus's fault - it's XM's signal compression). The nav is awful. It suffers from obvious language/requirement translation issues in the design cycle - such a shame. Stupid limitations and just not user friendly. Nothing about it is intuitive. Speech recognition is worst- in-class - inability to recognize simple commands render it unusable. Bluetooth only auto-connects with one phone - how dumb is that. Very limited steering wheel controls mean constantly trying to navigate menus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.