2007 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Review: Not so happy

2007 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Review

Not so happy
By RobFL1015 on

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vented front seats seem to have little effect for cooling. Don't spill anything on the vented seats. It may be absorbed into the seat. The stock stereo has a very good midrange, but the base can be boomy and distorted. The ride is kind of odd. I feel the road and the bumps, yet I feel uninvolved. There is significant understeer at decent speed. The VDIM is intrusive, kicking in well before there is any real danger of anything. The VDIM can only be turned off by holding the off button for 7 seconds when the car is not moving. Very annoying. If you have any back pain, even rarely, driving this car can be hellish. I used to love driving. I expected I would be happier with this car.

Good color choices. Very nice interior, other than the seats potential lack of comfort. Lots of power and a very smooth automatic transmission. Keyless access is great. Reliable.

Better seats that also adjust up to 90 degrees, iPod integration (though aftermarket is available as a DIY), inside rear break light needs a better location as it often looks like a car to my peripheral vision when lane changing to the right, VDIM needs a simple on/off button.