Used 2007 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus IS 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )

Happy Motoring
By lexaddict

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to trade in my 328, way too many electrical problems, a BMW sorepoint . The Lexus has been bulletproof. Sure, handling is not as sharp but it rides a lot better, my wife doesnt complain on bumps anymore, actually have to fight to drive now, wish we could afford another one. Back seat is a little tight. I guess thats what the ES 350 is for. Controls and ergonomics very easy to use.

Favorite Features

Reliability, powerful and still gets 25 mpg on freeway .

Suggested Improvements

HID headlights should be standard just like the older IS 300.

The car I've always wanted!
By TyroneD.

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've always wanted this car. I had a Highlander and 4Runner before but this car, I wanted it to be MY first car with my name on it. I'm so happy and glad I waited until this year to buy it. Drives amazing and stops very quickly - I've only opened it up to 100 mph so far; can't wait to open it up to 160 mph :0) I love the technology built into the car. If you're going to buy a Lexus, buy it with all the options.

Favorite Features

306 hp, Bluetooth, backup camera, XM radio, DVD/sound system, ventilated/heated seats, voice activated navigation (still learning the commands).

Suggested Improvements

I bought this car for my comfort so I really don't care about the back seat room being very tight but it would've been nice to have some more leg room available to the back seat passengers.

3 Months Later - No Buyer Remorse
By swisscottg

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Put 2,200 miles on this car in first 90 days. What a great vehicle. Traded in an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro and have no regrets. Build quality, performance, design and aesthetics are excellent. I keep discovering more fun features and controls with voice activation and the NAV. Also got the XM radio built in for listening to the BBC World Service everywhere.

Favorite Features

Performance, build quality, fabulously quiet interior, interior LED lighting, the way the door well lights up, push button start, great stereo, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of rear leg room, smallish trunk, not enough front or rear cup holders. The bluetooth hands free microphone is not well located or sensitive enough, making it difficult for the other party to hear my voice.

What a Lexus should be!
By rockstar421

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Enough electronic gadgets to keep you entertained during the longest traffic jams and enough power to pass whatever gets in your way. I think that Lexus did an excellent job blending sport and luxury together creating a vehicle that is superior on the road. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody interested in the Infiniti G35 or BMW 3 series.

Favorite Features

The adaptive HID headlamps are perfect. The telescope steering wheel is a great idea and great for impressing your friends. The Nav. is superior to any I've ever used and the paddle shift makes this car very unique.

Suggested Improvements

I would only recommend Lexus to make the IS 350 in all the listed color options the entire 10 months of production to allow for consumers to pick exactly what they want.

Better than the IS 250.
By Evan

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously had the 2007 IS 250 model for 4 months and then I sold it to my Mom who didn't care about the lack of power from that model. I am now a happy camper with the 2007 IS 350! LOTS of standard luxury features at a great value! Power is definitely not an issue with the IS 350 as was the case with the IS 250 - the power in the IS 350 is there at all speeds and RPM ranges. The brakes are also much better (and bigger) on the 350 model. Handling is good, though probably more enjoyable if equipped with the sport- tuned suspension pkg. Fuel economy has been averaging 17-18 mpg (compared to 21-23mpg with the IS 250 model). For the extra money, get the IS 350 - it's worth it in the long run!

Favorite Features

Push-button Smart Access, heated/cooled front seats, HID/AFS lights, 18" wheels, standard radio has good sound, good looking car inside and outside, tight build quality and plenty of POWER from the 306 ponies under the hood!!

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth phone capability and the power tilt/telescopic steering wheel should be standard equipment. The steering is "light" and needs to be sport-tuned. Include AUTO/ON/OFF with temperature setting and fan speed controls on the steering wheel.