2007 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )
Not so happy
By RobFL1015 on 10/25/07 20:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The vented front seats seem to have little effect for cooling. Don't spill anything on the vented seats. It may be absorbed into the seat. The stock stereo has a very good midrange, but the base can be boomy and distorted. The ride is kind of odd. I feel the road and the bumps, yet I feel uninvolved. There is significant understeer at decent speed. The VDIM is intrusive, kicking in well before there is any real danger of anything. The VDIM can only be turned off by holding the off button for 7 seconds when the car is not moving. Very annoying. If you have any back pain, even rarely, driving this car can be hellish. I used to love driving. I expected I would be happier with this car.

Lexus luxury with amazing power
By David Pruter on 10/19/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The beefy 306 HP engine & excellent handling make the IS 350 super fun to drive. It's solid and quiet with amazing power. Great design both in and out. We don't even have to take the keys out of our pocket! Walk up to the car and it opens; push the button and the car starts. No more keys clinging & clanging everytime you take a sharp turn. Navigation system ties in nice with air controls, sound system, Bluetooth & the built in backup camera are super cool. Interior of the car is sweet with the maple trim and super cool dash light startup sequence. Overall, it's really a great car. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable, safe, powerful and luxurious ride!

I Love this Car!
By jonnymack on 09/18/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my IS for about 3 1/2 months and I have to tell you that I simply love this car! It is extremely fast, yet still has that luxurious lexus ride. In my opinion it is the perfect blend of performance and luxury. The car has definitely converted me to paddle shifters as I really, really like them. Shifting is super fast and allows you to keep your hands on the wheel. I got the sport suspension package on mine and I would highly recommend that you at least test drive the car w/the sport suspension as handling is far superior to that of the standard model. Also the push button start and key fob system is pure genius! I unlock, lock and start the car w/o taking anything out of my pocket.

Night and Day between IS 300 and IS 350
By Javi on 09/07/07 01:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Really, night and day between the IS 300 which I used to own and the new IS 350. Quite a dramatic change in all aspects. Extremely comfortable with premium leather and ventilated seats for cold and hot weathers which I thought it was very nice. The Mark Levinson stereo is amazing. The V6 306HP engine hard to match and fun to drive. I feel this is the perfect car for someone who wants a sporty but yet luxurious sedan who is not afraid of the roads. I thought German cars were unmatchable until I tried this.

Fast little sports sedan
By Coke on 07/24/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like almost everything about this car. It is very fast and handles very well. By the way, my other car is a 2006 Corvette Z51. So, what I mean is that it feels almost as fast as my vette, but without all that torque. The interior is very nice and the leather feels very good. Fuel consumption isn't great. I am getting 17 MPG mainly in city driving, but I don't care about it. It's hard to get a fast car without consuming lots of gas. There are 2 problems so far. There is an annoying rattle in the dash and the front wheels get dirty really fast! I mean, all I need it to drive for 20-30 miles and they are black and dirty already. The backseats are small, but we seldom use them. Highly recommend.

Happy Motoring
By lexaddict on 07/09/07 01:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to trade in my 328, way too many electrical problems, a BMW sorepoint . The Lexus has been bulletproof. Sure, handling is not as sharp but it rides a lot better, my wife doesnt complain on bumps anymore, actually have to fight to drive now, wish we could afford another one. Back seat is a little tight. I guess thats what the ES 350 is for. Controls and ergonomics very easy to use.

The car I've always wanted!
By TyroneD. on 05/14/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've always wanted this car. I had a Highlander and 4Runner before but this car, I wanted it to be MY first car with my name on it. I'm so happy and glad I waited until this year to buy it. Drives amazing and stops very quickly - I've only opened it up to 100 mph so far; can't wait to open it up to 160 mph :0) I love the technology built into the car. If you're going to buy a Lexus, buy it with all the options.

3 Months Later - No Buyer Remorse
By swisscottg on 04/15/07 00:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Put 2,200 miles on this car in first 90 days. What a great vehicle. Traded in an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro and have no regrets. Build quality, performance, design and aesthetics are excellent. I keep discovering more fun features and controls with voice activation and the NAV. Also got the XM radio built in for listening to the BBC World Service everywhere.

What a Lexus should be!
By rockstar421 on 03/21/07 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive! Enough electronic gadgets to keep you entertained during the longest traffic jams and enough power to pass whatever gets in your way. I think that Lexus did an excellent job blending sport and luxury together creating a vehicle that is superior on the road. I would recommend this vehicle to anybody interested in the Infiniti G35 or BMW 3 series.

Better than the IS 250.
By Evan on 03/18/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I previously had the 2007 IS 250 model for 4 months and then I sold it to my Mom who didn't care about the lack of power from that model. I am now a happy camper with the 2007 IS 350! LOTS of standard luxury features at a great value! Power is definitely not an issue with the IS 350 as was the case with the IS 250 - the power in the IS 350 is there at all speeds and RPM ranges. The brakes are also much better (and bigger) on the 350 model. Handling is good, though probably more enjoyable if equipped with the sport- tuned suspension pkg. Fuel economy has been averaging 17-18 mpg (compared to 21-23mpg with the IS 250 model). For the extra money, get the IS 350 - it's worth it in the long run!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.