Motor Noise
By Cyndi on
2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased a Lexus IS 350 about 5 months ago. In the beginning I really loved this car and thought I couldn't live without it. Now I know I can live without it. When the weather is warm this car has very little motor noise but whenever the weather is cold the motor makes a terrible knocking noise when you crank the car. This is rather embarassing to know you pay $40K for a car that sounds like this and anyone standing by looks and says "something is wrong with your car, you should have it checked out." I have had it checked out and Lexus is aware of the problem but can't fix it so in the mean time they expect me to keep driving it. Hope you have better luck with Lexus than I have!
Suggested Improvements
Needs trunk light, bucket seats need improvements, Motor noise NEEDS to be fixed, too much tire noise inside!
By jaan596
on 08/21/12 22:43 PM (PDT)

I think that the crank shafts need oil or need to be replace. If you got this car brand new, it means it was poorly built but if it was a second hand car the previous owner have not take good care of it.