IS 350 Sport Pkg
By blue onyx on
2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I drove them all, BMW 330i, Audi A4 3.2, Infinity G35, Acura TL ..., the IS 350 is the complete package of POWER, performance, luxury, looks in & out, and reliability. Bluetooth is simple to setup and use (I never had before, and won't do without anymore). I spent 6 months researching the car before the purchase; was concerned about VDIM taking control, lack of room in rear seat, lack of steering feel, 1st year for vehicle. Now after 3,000 + mi VDIM is nice to have and saved me from tail spin several times, rear seet not as tight as one might think (I had 6'3" coworker in back), and steering feels natural. With good snow tires and VDIM, all concerns of rear wheel drive and snow are gone!
Favorite Features
306HP, Black Leather with aluminum trim looks great!! (Wood trim to me doesn't fit the sport image). Steering radius is imperssive, 33.5'! Rear camera avail w/ Nav works well. Keyless entry took some getting use to but very nice. Heated and VENTILATED front seats. And Blue Onyx looks awesome!
Suggested Improvements
Trunk space(rear fold down seats would help), gas mileage only 20-22mpg(+/-18 around town, 26 highway). Mark Levinson stereo/nav upgrade not available at time of purchase (I wish it were). Nav manual needs a lot of work. Treated by dealer as low end Lexus owner(service and attention to others 1st).