2006 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Review: Awesome Ride

2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Review

Awesome Ride
By Jtriton on

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my IS 350 for about 4,200 miles and it's awesome! Love the interior & feel of materials. This is the definition of a luxury sports car. The exterior design is nice but would like to see a little more sport & a little less sedan. The ride quality is great, except my car has an apparently unfixable small pull to the right. Nav system is great but almost has too many features. I don't need the rear camera, but it sure is nice. Performance is great, extremely quick w/out knowing it. But the traction control & stability control jump in a little too quick with no way to turn them off. Paddle shifter is fun, but not quite as responsive as I was hoping for. Overall an awesome car.

Favorite Features

Super quiet interior. Hardly any road noise even w/ performance tires. Mark Levinson sound system kick's huge! MP3 plug in for my iPod is great. Rear camera. Automatic seats w/AC -Great for AZ summers. All around performance: acceleration, braking, handling. Keyless entry & starter.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shift mode is too dummy-proof. Downshifts for you even if you don't want it to. Also, the response from the flick of the paddle to actual shift in the tranny is very delayed. Would like to see that response time improved. Fuel mileage is terrible. Back seat has no room, who cares its just me.