2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews 9

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
Best Car ever Driven
By Tom on 02/06/06 00:35 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned most cars made by US and Japanese manufacturers for the last 35 years. I have never experienced such comfort and speed till I started driving my IS 350! It is a car that almost reads your mind and handles well on any type of road. I thought of getting another Acura TL for my wife since we already own one! But after test driving the IS 350 and Acura TL, I fell in love with the versatility, handling, comfort and speed of the IS. It is a car that makes you want to be "on the road again" as it is so much fun to drive! Please pray that no cop will catch me soon.

Very nice car - IS350
By T on 01/31/06 23:40 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle rides really nicely and has a lot of power. The design of the vehicle is well crafted and has a fresh - beautiful - shape. Considered the BMW 525i and 330, but I choose this vehicle over both because of power, style, reliability, and resale value.

IS 350 Sport Pkg
By blue onyx on 01/31/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove them all, BMW 330i, Audi A4 3.2, Infinity G35, Acura TL ..., the IS 350 is the complete package of POWER, performance, luxury, looks in & out, and reliability. Bluetooth is simple to setup and use (I never had before, and won't do without anymore). I spent 6 months researching the car before the purchase; was concerned about VDIM taking control, lack of room in rear seat, lack of steering feel, 1st year for vehicle. Now after 3,000 + mi VDIM is nice to have and saved me from tail spin several times, rear seet not as tight as one might think (I had 6'3" coworker in back), and steering feels natural. With good snow tires and VDIM, all concerns of rear wheel drive and snow are gone!

WOW!!!!
By dpatterson on 01/27/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, and what a car. A sports car with all the extras and feel of a luxury car. The ride is incredible, and I don't know what all these car magazines are talking about with the performance compared to the BMW 3.30; once you push the power shift button, it takes off.

I love it!!!
By Josh on 01/18/06 03:01 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After spending about a month looking for a new car and test driving everything in the class, I love this car!! From the fine lines on the outside to the amazing inside. If you buy the IS 350 make sure to get the upgraded sound system. Certified 7.1!! For those of you that worry about buying a rwd car... set those worries aside. I live in Utah and took the car into a snow filled parking lot and with the traction control on, I could not get the car to do donuts. I would recommend this car to anyone. Most important of all is that this car is a blast to drive!!

Nice Ride
By MoonWatcher on 01/15/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In reality it's too early to tell if this car is going to be a winner... good, reliable transportation with a decent fun quotient. My TL trade in was almost that but the car just lacked personality... Still in the honeymoon/break in period so I haven't really wrung the car out but my experience this far suggests that this car is going to be a 10... reliable and fun to drive.

Lexus IS 350
By macamore on 01/14/06 20:54 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car and lots of fun to drive. In the past I have owned all types of cars, but honestly, have found this one to be the most fun. We have a Matador Red with a full body kit, luxury package and navigation. We are looking forward to many long road trips in the future!

New IS-350
By Jeff on 01/14/06 13:18 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Almost too many systems to learn all nuances..... either offer paddles or shifter for manual shifting... shifter is best (paddles impossible in turn). 0-60 in 5.5 looks accurate not 6.0 per R&Track. Best car ever owned (to include RX-7 R-1 TTurbo, Supra TTurbo, 911T, 98' M-3 and 68' Goat). Great car for aging sports car enthusiast. Great balance.......... Requires prem fuel......

T H E Driving Machine
By Roberto on 01/14/06 01:14 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent car. Good manners, poise and attitude. Highly recommended. Best of class fit and finish inside and out. Good combination of luxury and sportiness. Traction control is intrusive but then again safety is key. Do not buy this car for burnouts. Paddle shifters work great, but after 2 month I forget they exist. Automatic shifting is so smooth why bother. Low profile tires look great but ride can be though at uneven surfaces. Best sports sedan for the money.

My first Lexus
By nsaxon on 01/10/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, having driven various Mercedes for 15 years. This is a modern "sports" car with 4 doors and the luxury of a larger sedan.