Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

IS 350
By BRISTYKAL

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love driving the car because of its speed. I have the navigation which i find myself using a lot more then what i thought I would. The driving experience is far more exciting than I could ever imagine.

Favorite features would be the power of the car. The backup camera is a great feature as well.

Brake dust builds up quickly and it's a pain keeping it clean.

IS 350
By Ahmadou

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I chose the IS 350 over the BMW 330 because after test driving both of them I could not discern a significant difference between the two. To me that was a big plus for the Lexus. Acceleration, handling and braking was very impressive. And for the interior, there is no comparison the Lexus wins. Plus the features and oh that Mark Levinson, need I say more. People complain about VDIM but how many people drive to its limit? and how often? BMW has more to lose and Lexus more to gain. For an awesome daily fun to drive performance vehicle it was a no brainer. Now add better reliability and good looks and ah yes price need I say more.

Acceleration. Handling, braking, interior and features.

Manual transmission.

Awesome Ride
By Jtriton

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my IS 350 for about 4,200 miles and it's awesome! Love the interior & feel of materials. This is the definition of a luxury sports car. The exterior design is nice but would like to see a little more sport & a little less sedan. The ride quality is great, except my car has an apparently unfixable small pull to the right. Nav system is great but almost has too many features. I don't need the rear camera, but it sure is nice. Performance is great, extremely quick w/out knowing it. But the traction control & stability control jump in a little too quick with no way to turn them off. Paddle shifter is fun, but not quite as responsive as I was hoping for. Overall an awesome car.

Super quiet interior. Hardly any road noise even w/ performance tires. Mark Levinson sound system kick's huge! MP3 plug in for my iPod is great. Rear camera. Automatic seats w/AC -Great for AZ summers. All around performance: acceleration, braking, handling. Keyless entry & starter.

Paddle shift mode is too dummy-proof. Downshifts for you even if you don't want it to. Also, the response from the flick of the paddle to actual shift in the tranny is very delayed. Would like to see that response time improved. Fuel mileage is terrible. Back seat has no room, who cares its just me.

Best of all worlds
By Fung_adr

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. Best combination of power, handling, comfort and luxury. It's just plain fun to drive. The 306 hp makes it feel like the meanest ride on the road, but the supple interior and quality finishes give it a luxurious touch that remind you this car is worth every penny. And it has so many nice little touches, like how the gauges rev when you start the car, or how lights illuminate the door when you walk up as if the car is greeting you. Lexus thought of everything. Lexus delivers a car that is both fun but also just makes sense.

Keyless entry, voice activated nav, bluetooth, power mode, heated/ventillated seats, in-dash 6 MP3 CD changer, ridiculously tight turning radius.

More rear leg room. Just a couple extra inches would be nice. And the copious quantities of brake dust is annoying. A hybrid model for better gas mileage would be great too!

The "Porsche Boxster" of sedans
By John J.

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Finest car that I have not only owned, but ever driven. By the way, my last car was a Porsche Boxster. The IS 350 is deceptively fast, silky smooth, powerful when needed, handles like my previous Boxster and gets better gas mileage to boot! The Formula 1 paddle shifters on the steering wheel are fantastic, the interior design and comfort second to none. Did I mention the looks!? So far, everyone that's driven it has said they are moving it to the top of their desired car list. The best I can describe it is, if Porsche made a Boxster sedan, this would be it. All of the advantages (less convertible top) of a sports car and none of the disadvantages.

306 HP, F1 style paddle shifters, awesome looks, smooth ride, handling, air conditioned and heated seats, quiet interior, Lexus reliability, gas mileage.

6-speed manual option (not that I would choose it). Current Speed as multifunctional display option. Other than that, it's perfect!