Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

This car is worth the wait
By Louis Wei

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I put down the deposit for my IS 350 in late March and my car didn't arrive at the dealership until last week of April. However, after 4 months of ownership and first scheduled maintenance this car is definitely worth the wait. So far everything is good, no complains, build quality is superb. 306 HP, that's enough said. I wish I had got the navigation but oh well, that'll give me something to look forward to for my next car (hopefully another IS in 5 years).

Favorite Features

Exterior, engine, dashes, rims... this can take a while.

Suggested Improvements

Center console looks a bit dull.

2006 IS 350 - Good, Bad and the Ugly
By JTaylor

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Good: Great throttle response, power and comfort; styling is much sportier than pictures appear. Automatic transmission upshifts and downshifts almost perfectly. Luxury feel, very comfortable. The Bad: No manual option, premium gas required, numb steering. Not much really ;) The Ugly: Sportshifter and paddles are next to useless since you can't lock down the autoshifting to particular gear range, only lock out a range until you upshift into it. Trac off only stays off until you exceed 30 mph, then it's back on again.

Favorite Features

Styling, power and rwd handling.

Suggested Improvements

Manual shifter and/or true SportShift, better steering feedback.

Incredible car
By AB

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 350 is better than the reviews may appear, actually. I for one enjoy all that techno stuff and I still think the car thinks it's a 911! Very torquey and great handling, along with every possible amenity make this car the best vehicle I've ever owned. HIGHLY recommended.

Favorite Features

Styling, powerful 306 HP engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better/more intuitive navigation/voice command system. Speakers could be somewhat better in the Levinson system, too.

Lexus IS 350
By keena

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, fast, handles nicely, looks sharp, gets good gas mileage for a 6-cyl 300 hp (suburban driving, no highway, I am averaging 22.5 mpg). Not sure how it will handle in snow & ice, but car feels very balanced, so maybe with snows it will be ok. Barely enough head and leg room for 6 footer.

Favorite Features

engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better integration for satellite/iPod devices. A little more head room would be great.

Lexus IS 350
By fedya

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 350 is the best handling, most comfortable, fun car I have ever driven/owned. It is plenty sporty enough and extremely well appointed. It is also outstanding value compared to its peers.

Favorite Features

The touch screen navigation and audio system are terrific and the best I have seen on the market. The back up camera and distance warning system are very useful safety features. Keyless entry is very convenient.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like an even stronger lumbar support. I also think the location of the gas and trunk lock buttons could be improved. I constantly open the gas cap by mistake.