2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
Great car!
By billsyn on 05/27/06 18:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have had several BMWs and, most recently, a MB CL 500. The Lexus doesn't handle quite as good as BMW, nothing does, but it's awfully close. And while the IS 350 6 cylinder is as powerful as the MB 5 liter, it's not quite as smooth, but the Lexus is more fuel efficient. As to luxury, the Lexus IS 350 at the very least equals the others. Any advantages the europeans have over the Lexus are pretty much voided when you consider that you will spend 10, 12, maybe even $20,000 less and get a pretty damn good luxury sports sedan!

This is what I was looking for
By ocdavid on 05/24/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the car that makes me smile every time I get in it! I have driven a lot cars in the past in search of the car the I truly enjoy driving. This car has taken that title. No matter what the weather conditions, road conditions, or traffic conditions, I enjoy driving the IS 350. It is smooth, powerful, refined and classy. The IS is essentially a shortened GS. It has very sophisticated lines and an elegant but sporty interior. It is a fabulous luxury car with a "sleeper" motor that, from personal experience, will beat a mustang cobra or 2!

Best car I've ever owned
By AB on 05/20/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

You have to look extremely hard to find any fault with the '06 Lexus IS 350 sedan. I bought one last weekend with the sport package and the Mark Levinson/navigation package and I feel like I'm 16 again and just got my driver's license. Not only is it a FAR superior car to the boring BMW 3- series, it's quite a drastic change from the old IS series. Handling and acceleration are superb and driving enjoyment could not be greater. I actually prefer this car to the Porsche 911 (2005 model) I was driving now and then prior to this. Way to go, Lexus...amazing job.

IS 350 is not bad
By is350 on 05/20/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Definitely not enough rear seat room. Only room for two adults. Car is quick and handles well. It is a head turner. Would buy another one when it's time to trade it in. It is a great car for an automatic.

All Grins
By Taylor on 05/17/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! I couldn't be any happier with this car. I drove the IS 300 for 3 years and loved it, but the IS 350 blows the IS 300 away. Looks and quality are upgraded and the power and performance are incredible. My buddy drives a 2006 330i and was gloating about it until he drove the IS 350 and now he has buyers remorse. Lexus will not confirm or promote the ability to do so, but contrary to the press reviews, the VDIM can be disabled. It requires some input in a specific order on the brake and emergency brake, but it can be done.

Great Car
By Mike on 05/17/06 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is perfect so far. It drives like a dream and has excellent acceleration. My buddies G35 coupe 6 speed MT couldn't quite keep up. The exterior looks great, and the interior makes the car look like the price tag is $ 70K

Nice car
By Mark Clonts on 05/16/06 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fast fun car. Beautiful in and out. Bought the Luxury package worth the price. The fin is good too. Little of a hard ride because the big rims. A pleasure to drive for the most part.

Extremely Happy
By hrnsinca on 05/15/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is fun to drive and handles great on the back country roads as well as on the highway. I am getting 28 mpg and extremely happy with that!! This car is worth the money and is a keeper. Great car and I love sitting in line to pick up my 12 yr old. So many of her friends get excited at seeing "her" car. We laugh at all the moms in their giant SUVs and vans - the ugly gas guzzlers! We are so glad to have this car!!

2006 Lexus IS 350
By Judy on 05/13/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm very happy with my IS 350. I had a 1999 GS 300 and I'm more comfortable in a smaller car since I am a small person.

My Best Car Ever
By Dan on 05/12/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is the best car I have ever owned. Its styling and performance are fantastic. The only negative is that there are built in safety features that prevent you from using the navigation system for searches while driving. Luckily I know the hack to get around that now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.