2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
no complaints
By Jeepers on 07/06/06 02:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. I knew right when I heard the first whispers about a 300hp sport sedan under 50k from Lexus that I would be in love. The only issue I've had is that on my first trip to Vegas with the IS a rock was thrown up on my hood from a Semi, and nicked the paint along with a small ding. Otherwise everything has been amazing.

A real machine, Pretty, Powerful, GREAT!
By MM on 07/05/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine three weeks ago, fully loaded, Frost Mica and Black Interior, Sport Package (Low ride suspension, 18in wheels, low profile tires, Adaptive Front Lights, Driver and Passenger Memory, etc) Navigation and Mark Levinson Stereo, etc. I already put more than 2000 miles on it (Love to drive). I drove all competitorsÂ’ cars. This car is way better than any of them.

An honest review
By Rich A. on 07/03/06 20:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

14 year Honda/Acura enthusiast here that had no hesitation purchasing the Lexus. Put simply, the combination of build quality, appearance and fun factor can only be found in this vehicle. This car has PLENTY of get up and go to satisfy 99.9% of the kid in all of us yet exudes a sense of refinement and luxury that, as a 30-something, I thoroughly enjoy. Hands down, if your true desire is to purchase a vehicle that expertly combines fun and luxury, no other vehicle comes close. Most comparable: Acura TL, Infinity G35, 3 series BMW. IS 350=best sport luxury.

Great but....
By Austin on 06/12/06 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is extremely fast. I've raced many people who underestimate the fact that its a Lexus, they don't think it's that fast. Let me tell you, I've gotten mine to 60 in 5.12 Pretty good. The controls and gauges are all extremely user-friendly and very attractive. I've driven BMW and Audi, and this car handles as well if not better. I've cornered at the cars limits and you never get a slide that encourages the car going out of control. The back never flies out, the car just stays perfectly balanced. One major complaint I do have is that I get into my car, and i find a new rattle every time. For the price of this car, I think that's a little unacceptable.

Lexus IS 350
By Maria VanCamp on 06/11/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a Lexus IS 350, and I absolutely love it! It is fast, safe and gorgeous. I had a choice between a BMW and a Mercedes. They all needed a new slick look, but the Lexus IS 350 will not only spoil you with luxury and sporty appeal, it is very quiet. I'm a proud Lexus owner. Thanks for designing a well pampered care.

This car is great!!
By DBough on 06/07/06 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a lot of sports cars, this is my first "4 door" sports car. I last had a Mercedes CL500, and before that a BMW M3, and Infiniti G35 Coupe. I have to say this is by far the most fun car I have owned. It has tons of power and the Navi is best I have had. The backup camera is great, but the best is the bluetooth phone feature!

Not quite there
By is350 on 06/05/06 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the IS 350 because I thought the seq. shifter would be cool. I was wrong. It got annoying after 2 weeks. The shifting feels sluggish due to that the underlying tranny is still an automatic. It may look fast, but underneath the body-kits is only a 105 hp engine. The crappy tranny ruins the 306 ponies. In the luxury dept it also lacks. The ride is sacrificed for the handling. So if you are looking for a plush ride, look elsewhere. The plastic on the instrument panel feels like hand-me-down Toyota parts.

Can't go wrong with this car
By carlo on 06/04/06 21:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acceleration to me is the key word when driving this car as I don't mind the tight space at the back since I don't use it much anyway. I t just amazes me how you can really feel the power in this car when I first testdrove it plus the interior is topnotch and noise level very much subdued in my opinion. I almost bought a 325i but when I testdrove this car, it was like love at first sight,you just can't go wrong with IS 350 IMHO.

Total Package
By blue onyx on 06/03/06 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

3.5L - 306HP and 23-27 MPG; Interior far superior to Audi A4, BMW 330, Infinity G35, ... I tried them all. VDIM works well and not too limiting. Check turning radius 33.5 ft, backup camera displays vid on NAV, NAV easy, cooled & heated front seats, Bluetooth compatible and keyless start. Rear legroom NOT a problem!, I had a 6'3" person behind me while I was driving (I'm 5'9") and he fit comfortably. I've got the blue onyx exterior w/ black leather interior, looks great! Sport package gives awesome rubber on 18" wheels to match 306HP. Reliable. Comperabably equiped beats BMW 330 hands down. Fun to drive and features galore!

VEGAS ROAD RUNNER
By BARRY702 on 06/03/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Has lots of power to pass others on the freeway. Fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.