Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

Excellent value
By Herach Haroutunians

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my IS350 for over three years. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned. I love the refinement, performance and build quality, although I have had repeated issues with the sunroof not closing and rattling when open. The middle speakers on the front doors leak air, specially if the sunroof is cracked open. Cold air can be felt blowing on my knee in winter. I was told they all did that!

Favorite Features

Performance, exterior design and quality.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest the trunk lid and doors be aluminum skinned (the hood already is) for lower weight. Also, if the Traction control is to be allowed to be turned off, then a limited slip differential is a must! In manual mode the transmission should upshift when commanded, with no delay!

Awesome Used Car Value
By Dbob

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 37k miles, CPO, for $25k. For this I got a luxury badge, 306 HP, rear-wheel drive, a class-leading interior, concierge service, free loaner Lexus, brand-new Goodyear F1's, brand-new floor mats, 3 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty with no deductible, and a beautiful, high-performance vehicle from the most reliable brand in America. Nothing else I tested came close to this level of value.

Favorite Features

I won't be one of those guys on Autotrader selling his 300-hp coupe to buy a four-door because of impending fatherhood! The excellent ride-handling-noise-level balance. 306 HP! The paddle-shifters are fun. No run-flats is good.

Suggested Improvements

A stick shift would be nice, but not if it is going to be like the mediocre effort in the base 250. Why not AWD in the 350? Dash has intermittent rattles. The engine/exhaust could be a bit more aggressive; this is the big engine model, after all.

Lexus IS350 equals Great Overall Value
By Edwin217

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used with 24K miles on it and it completely feels like a brand new car. Very smooth, quite, and all the luxuries you can expect from Lexus. The seats are very comfortable and ventilated, great looking dash, tons of aftermarket parts available for those looking to modify. It has great exterior styling that receives plenty of looks anywhere you go without needing to break the bank. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Also most believe BMW 3series, Infinity G35, or Audi A4 drives better but unless you drive all 4 the choice becomes clear. Lexus IS350 will make u smile every time ur behind the wheel. Not to mention better looking interior than all 4.

Favorite Features

Great Sound system, Navi, Bluetooth, Back-up Camera, Heated Leather Seats, even the gauges are great to look at.

Suggested Improvements

Increased leg room in the rear seats. Living in NY and with heavy snow, this vehicle should come with tires with increased grip. Not very fun fish tailing at every red light even with the traction control on.

MAJOR fun car, minor complaints
By tjp

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm approaching my third year anniversary with my IS350, and it's still the best purchase I've ever made. Passengers still get in and say "wow". But after three years you realize there are a few little things that you would change if you could. Warning: What follows are complaints that in NO WAY would cause me to not buy another IS350. I love this car in every way, shape and form. I still pinch myself that I own a car this amazing. Okay, disclaimer over, read on...

Favorite Features

Styling, comfort, speed, acceleration on highway, all the thoughtful "gadgets" inside the cockpit. Lexus thinks of everything, you see thoughtful design and engineering in every corner of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

My list: *Stock tires were replaced at 17k with all-seasons due to my preference for a quieter ride. Toyo Proxes 4's-awesome. *ML treble isn't bright enough. *Sport Sedan height is too low for some curbs. Meaning, front-end scrapes. *The interior clock is cheap-looking. Seriously, that's all I got!

Best of both worlds
By anon

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus IS350 offers the best of quality and performance. It is fast, stylish, comfortable and it is, above all else, a Lexus. No squeaks, creaks or rattles. You'll find other reviews that pan the IS350 in favor of BMW 3-series handling. That may be true, but I drive my IS on the interstate and around town, not on the track. I want creature comforts and quality craftsmanship in addition to performance. So while BMW aficionados may have the "handling" argument won, everything else falls in favor of the Lexus.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson stereo... Amazing! Heated and cooled seats. Automatic wipers. 306 HP.

Suggested Improvements

Permanent override for traction control. AWD for 350 model