2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
Great Car at a Great Price
By jherb350 on 12/07/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car since it came out & am very impressed over the last 3 yrs. The car rides nice with smooth acceleration. There is a lot of power on tap when you need it. MPG range from high teens to low 30s depending on driving habits, I am getting 25 mpg overall. One drawback is small rear seat. You can fit 4 adults for short distances, or small kids out of car seats. The trunk opening is small but, you could fit 3 sets of clubs in the car with some ingenuity. The seats are very comfortable & the leather holds up well with maintenance. If you have the optional 18 inch wheels they can not be rotated because they are staggered. The stock tires lasted 30k miles for me, rated at 15k.

I love this car
By Chris Biggers on 05/09/08 05:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the IS300 and then bought the IS350. I'd have to say the new IS is much better; more room, more power. I've owned a BMW in the past and would have to say this car is light years better.

Great Price for What We Get
By Beverly on 05/02/08 02:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car as a used car when the mileage was 31700, now it's already 33050. The car still in great condition, with minor rattle in the interior. I love this car, really fast yet comfortable and smooth compared to its competitor. I got the full options, very satisfied with the price and the options that i got.

Not as Good as Previous Model
By LEXUS IS350 on 04/21/08 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchase a 2006 model, nothing compared to the old is300, the handling is very loose, the interior dash quality is very flimsy, getting rattles, pick up is very poor, does not feel like a 300 horsepower car. Seems like Lexus is going backwards in their performance.

Love it.
By 350lover on 03/27/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my IS 350 used and love it. Drove a G35, 328 and A4 -- none of them come close. Critics say the IS doesn't handle like the Beemer, but then I don't race mine on a track. All I know is that it takes interstate cloverleafs like a pro and accelerates like a demon with the refinement and quality that only Lexus can provide. It doesn't get great gas mileage and there is not much rear seat leg room, but it is similar to other cars in its class. A suggestion for those in northern climates -- invest in snow tires.

IS 350
By mckclexus on 01/10/08 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car around May 2006 with the sports package, nav, ML, vented seats, etc. Since my purchase, the car has been perfect with no mechanical issues. Love the car.

Dream Car
By Arthur on 07/22/07 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 17000 miles I still smile everytime I drive it and no problems to report , handling is not as sharp as my previous BMW M3 but ride is a lot better, and much more dependable and less to purchase and maintain. What a car, sure it's not super quiet but it is a sport sedan. Why buy a sports sedan and then complain about noise?

A four door "Corvette" with luxury
By Fun in the Sun of CA on 05/26/07 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. I simply love driving it each day. I have owned the car for almost a year now and would not change a thing. The speed is amazing, it can keep up with most of the sedans out there and even many sport cars. Yet, when at speed, the car is very quiet and smooth. Driving this car really is like driving a luxurious, four door Corvette.

Love this car.
By wmcjjohnny on 02/12/07 16:15 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

But I have had problems with fit/finish in terms of rattles in the cabin. Lexus has done some felt in the dash panel which helps but I am still pursuing resolution of the issue for the long term as I intend to keep the car awhile. The car itself is fantastic and an unbelievable value considering what you get in the car. Truly quick and powerful, the car is a blast to drive and handles exceptionally well. I get average gas mileage but only because I am such a lead foot and when I have done a little less stomping on the gas, the car does get respectable numbers. The car looks great and I drove the G35 and the 330 and I still think this is the better looking of the three sedans.

Motor Noise
By Cyndi on 01/25/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a Lexus IS 350 about 5 months ago. In the beginning I really loved this car and thought I couldn't live without it. Now I know I can live without it. When the weather is warm this car has very little motor noise but whenever the weather is cold the motor makes a terrible knocking noise when you crank the car. This is rather embarassing to know you pay $40K for a car that sounds like this and anyone standing by looks and says "something is wrong with your car, you should have it checked out." I have had it checked out and Lexus is aware of the problem but can't fix it so in the mean time they expect me to keep driving it. Hope you have better luck with Lexus than I have!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.