Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

This car is great!!
By DBough

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a lot of sports cars, this is my first "4 door" sports car. I last had a Mercedes CL500, and before that a BMW M3, and Infiniti G35 Coupe. I have to say this is by far the most fun car I have owned. It has tons of power and the Navi is best I have had. The backup camera is great, but the best is the bluetooth phone feature!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Navi system with backup camera and the POWER!

Suggested Improvements

Brake dust seems to be a problem and I am a clean freak, so I have to wipe the chrome rims off everytime I drive the car.

Not quite there
By is350

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the IS 350 because I thought the seq. shifter would be cool. I was wrong. It got annoying after 2 weeks. The shifting feels sluggish due to that the underlying tranny is still an automatic. It may look fast, but underneath the body-kits is only a 105 hp engine. The crappy tranny ruins the 306 ponies. In the luxury dept it also lacks. The ride is sacrificed for the handling. So if you are looking for a plush ride, look elsewhere. The plastic on the instrument panel feels like hand-me-down Toyota parts.

Favorite Features

306 hp VVT-i engine

Can't go wrong with this car
By carlo

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Acceleration to me is the key word when driving this car as I don't mind the tight space at the back since I don't use it much anyway. I t just amazes me how you can really feel the power in this car when I first testdrove it plus the interior is topnotch and noise level very much subdued in my opinion. I almost bought a 325i but when I testdrove this car, it was like love at first sight,you just can't go wrong with IS 350 IMHO.

Favorite Features

Interior is topnotch and the no key pushbutton start and powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Manual transmission should be available.

Total Package
By blue onyx

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

3.5L - 306HP and 23-27 MPG; Interior far superior to Audi A4, BMW 330, Infinity G35, ... I tried them all. VDIM works well and not too limiting. Check turning radius 33.5 ft, backup camera displays vid on NAV, NAV easy, cooled & heated front seats, Bluetooth compatible and keyless start. Rear legroom NOT a problem!, I had a 6'3" person behind me while I was driving (I'm 5'9") and he fit comfortably. I've got the blue onyx exterior w/ black leather interior, looks great! Sport package gives awesome rubber on 18" wheels to match 306HP. Reliable. Comperabably equiped beats BMW 330 hands down. Fun to drive and features galore!

Favorite Features

Engine 306HP, Interior - perfect, leather, layout, features ... Turning Radius of 33.5ft is amazing fo size of vehicle. Handling w/ sport package is great. (Sport package gives chrome interior instead of wood like features and matched w/ black leather is classy, elegant and very sporty! Air bags +.

Suggested Improvements

Clock is sub par digital look, could be made to look much better. No fold down rear seat (but solid seat helps rigidity of the car and crash rating).

VEGAS ROAD RUNNER
By BARRY702

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Has lots of power to pass others on the freeway. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The radio and the nav system are kool... fun and easy to operate

Suggested Improvements

Larger back seating area