Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

no complaints
By Jeepers

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. I knew right when I heard the first whispers about a 300hp sport sedan under 50k from Lexus that I would be in love. The only issue I've had is that on my first trip to Vegas with the IS a rock was thrown up on my hood from a Semi, and nicked the paint along with a small ding. Otherwise everything has been amazing.

Favorite Features

306hp, amazing comfort features, killer looks and the sound system/navi are amazing.

A real machine, Pretty, Powerful, GREAT!
By MM

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mine three weeks ago, fully loaded, Frost Mica and Black Interior, Sport Package (Low ride suspension, 18in wheels, low profile tires, Adaptive Front Lights, Driver and Passenger Memory, etc) Navigation and Mark Levinson Stereo, etc. I already put more than 2000 miles on it (Love to drive). I drove all competitorsí cars. This car is way better than any of them.

Favorite Features

interior quality and materials, handling, ride, acceleration, breaking, turning ratio, appearance, assembly quality, sound system and stop counting.

Suggested Improvements

Only one complaint, when you turn the steering wheel you see two screws behind it, one on the right and one on the left, I think Lexus should have covered them better (yes, Iím that picky)

An honest review
By Rich A.

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

14 year Honda/Acura enthusiast here that had no hesitation purchasing the Lexus. Put simply, the combination of build quality, appearance and fun factor can only be found in this vehicle. This car has PLENTY of get up and go to satisfy 99.9% of the kid in all of us yet exudes a sense of refinement and luxury that, as a 30-something, I thoroughly enjoy. Hands down, if your true desire is to purchase a vehicle that expertly combines fun and luxury, no other vehicle comes close. Most comparable: Acura TL, Infinity G35, 3 series BMW. IS 350=best sport luxury.

Favorite Features

Well thought out voice recognition Navi, fresh exterior styling, impecable interior fit and finish, excellent power (306hp) yet still good gas mileage (currently getting 21/27), driver's cabin truly provides a cockpit type feel.

Suggested Improvements

Wish list: true coin holder, an armrest console that can hold cds and still close, memory seating that isn't bundled with other options, standard HID headlamps

Great but....
By Austin

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is extremely fast. I've raced many people who underestimate the fact that its a Lexus, they don't think it's that fast. Let me tell you, I've gotten mine to 60 in 5.12 Pretty good. The controls and gauges are all extremely user-friendly and very attractive. I've driven BMW and Audi, and this car handles as well if not better. I've cornered at the cars limits and you never get a slide that encourages the car going out of control. The back never flies out, the car just stays perfectly balanced. One major complaint I do have is that I get into my car, and i find a new rattle every time. For the price of this car, I think that's a little unacceptable.

Favorite Features

Performance, comfort, looks, fit and finish, turning headlights, and my car is very fast.

Suggested Improvements

Stop the rattling in the seatbelts and the moonroof. This car should not rattle every time I hit a bump!!

Lexus IS 350
By Maria VanCamp

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a Lexus IS 350, and I absolutely love it! It is fast, safe and gorgeous. I had a choice between a BMW and a Mercedes. They all needed a new slick look, but the Lexus IS 350 will not only spoil you with luxury and sporty appeal, it is very quiet. I'm a proud Lexus owner. Thanks for designing a well pampered care.

Favorite Features

All the luxury in the car. Especially the quietness in the cabin.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the gear shift was made with with the same silver metal as the ones on the door handles.