2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
Quiet Power will knock your socks off!!
By MikeG on 11/09/05 13:54 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my IS 350 for just a few days and I keep thinking to myself that it must be a dream. This car is AWESOME! One item most don't mention though is just how QUIET the 306 hp engine is. This just exemplifies how great the quality and attention to detail is on this car. This car PURRRRSSS!!

What a Car!!!!!
By STONEDLR on 11/05/05 18:38 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me start by saying I love my IS 350!! This car is amazing, everything you would find in a luxury vechile with power and performance. Many compliments from everyone I know and some I don't know. If you love to drive my suggestion is go test drive the 350 do not bother with the 250. and buy it you not be disappointed.

What a difference a revamp makes
By mzehner on 11/02/05 20:19 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My family is full of car-o-philes, so I have had/driven many cars. I have either owned or significantly driven: original Lexus LS400; BMW 3 series (328i and 2 330ci's), 6 series, 7 series, and X-5; Acura Integra; Porsche 911; Toyota 4Runner (2); to name a few. But the new IS350 is by far in a way this in my favorite car. Sporty with a quiet and comfortable ride, decent interior space, wonderful list of features, this is the perfect balance. After test driving all the small luxury sedans, this is the best by far. B/f making any purchase in this sector, take a test drive.

IS 350 - Top of the line
By quicklex on 10/30/05 22:37 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What an awesome car! I'd been waiting for a while to try before I buy. Compared vs BMW, Audi and Infiniti. Hands down, this is the one to beat. BMW is a great car, but the IS beats it with combination of power, handling and let's not forget Lexus quality. Would love to see them combine the 3.5 with AWD. I thought I'd miss the stick, but the paddle shifters are so natural and intuitive, I'm fine without it. This is the first manual shift automatic that I feel really provides a manual feel.

2nd Lexus
By gstois on 10/29/05 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very fun car. I traded my 2001 GS300 for it. It has plenty of power, although it's deceptive due to the trademark quiet, smooth ride of Lexus. It handles very well without a tremendous sacrifice in ride quality. The car has a lot of great features, especially if you get the NAV package. It would be a waste to buy this car without it due to the bluetooth and back-up camera that come with it, among other things.

A little rocket
By pete on 10/28/05 00:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my IS 350 a few days ago. This car will blow your mind. I mean it. Don't test drive it, if you don't want to buy a car any time soon. If you do then you will know what I was talking about. Just traded in my LS 430. I have no regrets. I also have owned couple BMW's before. This car rocks!!! Around town it feels like driving Lexus, but if you take it to those curvy roads around town, then you know that you drive a true sport sedan.

New IS 350
By Tom on 10/27/05 17:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Very tight car. Transmission is a little less responsive than I would like. Dealer experiance a plus. Seems to like to go from mid range to hair on fire very quickly. Average radio unless you upgrade. Would like it to have had blue tooth connectivity for telephone.

IS350
By X///M_OWNER on 10/26/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's 306 hp is enough for most but a 6spd manual won't be a bad idea to complement it's power. the reason why I'd rather have a manual tranny is for one reason alone... it just take too long when downshifting. Also, the VDIM kills the fun right away when cornering aggressively. Other than that I think it's a perfect car.

Best Lexus Yet
By mw1862 on 10/25/05 02:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned an ES, GS, and GX models. This IS 350 is the best of all of them. Beautiful and fast. If you are buying one, spring for the Luxury Package and chrome the 18" wheels. It elevates this sport sedan to an unbelievable level of completeness. There is nothing that I am dissatisfied with this car. A real Lexus winner for 2006.

Not sure how much better it can get
By Freddy202022 on 10/21/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, the car is exceptional. It is expensive, 44K for the one I got fully optioned. I had a 2005 TL before this and there is no comparison between the two. I can get 32 miles a gallon in the freeway, with 306HP, and still 20 with mostly city driving. It is fast and the handling is superior to any other stock Japanese car. It is by no means as fast or handle as well as a M3, but nonetheless I never expected it to. All the features are fist class. The only problem I got with the car is the price, and the size, backseats aren't quite big enough for comfort. You can almost get a GS430 fully optioned for like 5-7K more ??? In a couple of months Lexus will start steeper discount on the IS...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.