Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

Loads of fun
By chavez

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am enjoying every minute I drive this car. I did my research before getting the Lexus. Hands down, for the money there is no better deal. Nothing comes even close. The balance of sportiness, agility, luxury and comfort is ideal for the 30-something guy that I am. I am for one in favor of the much criticized electronic traction and stability features. It suits my driving style and adds a significant amount of safety. I had to put it to the test on the highway when an 18-wheeler blew a tire. I was going at about 85 mph. I managed to avoid multiple collisions and all of the tire fragments without loosing control. Had I been in another vehicle I would have probably crossed the median.

Keyless entry, seats, leather, bluetooth. It has just the right amount of wood trim to feel rich without being tacky. I love the LED light on my coffee mug when I drive at night, feels like a cockpit.

Bluetooth microphone should lower the AC fan automatically when phone is in use. Improve the quality of the plastic in the overhead compartment.

Amazing Ride
By Mav

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the car 3 days ago and already love it. The paddle shifters are cool, AFS (moving headlights) even cooler. The acceleration is great at any speed. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a sports car with a luxury feel.

Acceleration is amazing off the line as well as at higher cruising speeds. The interior is absolutely beautiful. I recommend the luxury package over the sport package since Lexus' are luxury cars after all. The sports package made the car feel like a cheaper car than it is.

Bigger back seat. A backseat that can fold down allowing for more trunk space, but this is common in all Lexus (Lexus states that by removing that fold down back seat option, the cabin is quieter and structurally sound)

Can't beat the Lexus Fit and Finish
By BobbyO

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Loving every minute in my new IS 350. Having previously owned 2 Infiniti G35 sedans, I can say that the driving experience is very different. Infiniti is more performance-oriented where Lexus is more luxury-oriented. The fit and finish (not to mention the interior materials) are far superior in the Lexus. I loved my G, but I like the IS 350 more.

The car is just plain gorgeous. The interior is extremely comfortable for the driver and front passenger. The materials are first rate above the competition. The engine is powerfull and I like being able to toggle the power modes. The navigation package is a must-have on this car.

There are 3 memory setting for both the driver and the passenger. It recalls seat, mirror and steering-wheel positions, but does not have an exit assist when turning off the car (the seat does not slide back). Otherwise, no other suggestions!!

IS 350
By Kevin

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car with lots of power and great design. Had a little problem with the navigation dvd. Car is confusing at first but you get used to controls

Navi, iPod connection, 306 hp, DVD PLAYER!, turning front lights (AFS)

More backseat space

Makes Driving a Hoot
By Jeremy Ball

2006 Lexus IS 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having previously owned a 1973 VW Super Beetle and 2 Toyota Camrys, this is my first experience with a real luxury car. I couldn't be happier. This is a fabulous car!

306 HP

Truly, the only short coming for this car is the paltry leg room in the back seat.