Used 2006 Lexus IS 350 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Is-350 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus IS 350

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )

Featuristic!
By LaMario

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was an Acura TL guy until I went to the Acura Dealership and they didn't have the TL I wanted. I saw an IS350 on the lot and when I checked it out, not even the Acura RL compared to the features of my IS350. I was amazed at this car when I first sat in one and it even had the Acura salesperson in awe. I also loved the Mercedes C and E Class but it is not as fun to drive as my IS350 and is a more complicated to use their features. My IS350 has a very quiet engine which makes for a smoother ride. Compared to other cars I've had or driven, my Lexus IS350 is very user friendly, stylish, fun to drive, and just plain AWESOME!

Favorite Features

Navigation System, interior lighting (all LED), Keyless features, Ventilated heated/cooled seating, Stereo System, Bluetooth, Steering wheel controls, basically everything in front of me when I drive.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat room. This is the only reason I couldn't give a 10 for comfort. Putting someone in the back seats then it can be an uncomfortable ride for all. Also, a back-up for the controls on the navigation screen in the case that the touch screen don't respond.

Buying Another IS 350
By JoshY

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Leased IS 350 for 4 years starting in 2006. Loved this car. Gave it back in expectations of moving to Mercedes or BMW. Test drove 328,335 and C class, and immediately missed my 350's acceleration. Can't beat its value for horsepower, handling, looks. Had no issues with it. Drove it 52,000 miles. Loved it just as much after 4 years.Awesome power yet handled very well for city driving. Would not recommend for tall people, I'm 5'10. Backseat is decent, but don't use. I'm buying either a '06, '07 again. Adding navi, bluetooth, heated/cooled seats in next one.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Handling(leans into corners,very fun), Turn radius, Golf clubs fit in trunk, Comfortable seats, soft leather, 4 door sports car, classy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Cant rotate tires, difficult to find good deal for tires.$750-1500 for new tires. Paddle shifter are fun occasionally. Needs manual tranny.

Best value for the money
By Justin

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car for about 6 months. Very pleased. I have no buyers remorse and the power and options are just right. I am able to pass without overkill 400+hp range and get 350 miles per tank (premium fuel though). I have to comment on the Lexus customer service as it is top notch. I got a loaner Lexus when they fixed the recalls and their follow- up has been a pleasant surprise.

Favorite Features

Aggressive Styling, Power, Build quality, refined interior, graceful exterior while maintaining aggressiveness, Oh and the awesome customer service at the Lexus dealership, trunk is surprisingly spacious, unique yet classy style, an overall pleasing driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

Slight interior creaks, Tires wear fast (expected for this car), Rear seat is small

Beats a beemer off the line
By Les

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the vehicle for almost three years. My only complaint was the quality of the tires. My car came with Bridgestone Protenza tires. They lasted about 18,000 miles. The road noise was very bad, after about 15,000. I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1. Great tire at a good price. I received 3 minor recalls, last week. I took care of them the next day. Aside from that, the car has had no major repairs.

Favorite Features

Ample power and good handling. It has nice styling with smooth lines and good fit. The front seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the back.

Cried the day I let her go...
By LTG

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently had to sell my IS 350...moved from sunny AZ to snow covered Salt Lake and even with snow tires got "snowed in" one too many times. I got my IS the day that they were made available and I have loved every minute of it. I can't really think of any issues that I ever had with it. First set of tires went to 43,000 miles...and second set still looked great at 75K when I traded her in. Whoever has her now...take good care of her!

Favorite Features

Great Navigation system. The horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

Another cup holder in the front...? Console one was useless...