2006 Lexus IS 350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (111 reviews )
Featuristic!
By LaMario on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was an Acura TL guy until I went to the Acura Dealership and they didn't have the TL I wanted. I saw an IS350 on the lot and when I checked it out, not even the Acura RL compared to the features of my IS350. I was amazed at this car when I first sat in one and it even had the Acura salesperson in awe. I also loved the Mercedes C and E Class but it is not as fun to drive as my IS350 and is a more complicated to use their features. My IS350 has a very quiet engine which makes for a smoother ride. Compared to other cars I've had or driven, my Lexus IS350 is very user friendly, stylish, fun to drive, and just plain AWESOME!

Buying Another IS 350
By JoshY on 06/22/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Leased IS 350 for 4 years starting in 2006. Loved this car. Gave it back in expectations of moving to Mercedes or BMW. Test drove 328,335 and C class, and immediately missed my 350's acceleration. Can't beat its value for horsepower, handling, looks. Had no issues with it. Drove it 52,000 miles. Loved it just as much after 4 years.Awesome power yet handled very well for city driving. Would not recommend for tall people, I'm 5'10. Backseat is decent, but don't use. I'm buying either a '06, '07 again. Adding navi, bluetooth, heated/cooled seats in next one.

Best value for the money
By Justin on 07/13/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car for about 6 months. Very pleased. I have no buyers remorse and the power and options are just right. I am able to pass without overkill 400+hp range and get 350 miles per tank (premium fuel though). I have to comment on the Lexus customer service as it is top notch. I got a loaner Lexus when they fixed the recalls and their follow- up has been a pleasant surprise.

Beats a beemer off the line
By Les on 06/08/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the vehicle for almost three years. My only complaint was the quality of the tires. My car came with Bridgestone Protenza tires. They lasted about 18,000 miles. The road noise was very bad, after about 15,000. I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1. Great tire at a good price. I received 3 minor recalls, last week. I took care of them the next day. Aside from that, the car has had no major repairs.

Cried the day I let her go...
By LTG on 04/27/09 23:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently had to sell my IS 350...moved from sunny AZ to snow covered Salt Lake and even with snow tires got "snowed in" one too many times. I got my IS the day that they were made available and I have loved every minute of it. I can't really think of any issues that I ever had with it. First set of tires went to 43,000 miles...and second set still looked great at 75K when I traded her in. Whoever has her now...take good care of her!

Excellent value
By Herach Haroutunians on 04/13/09 01:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my IS350 for over three years. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned. I love the refinement, performance and build quality, although I have had repeated issues with the sunroof not closing and rattling when open. The middle speakers on the front doors leak air, specially if the sunroof is cracked open. Cold air can be felt blowing on my knee in winter. I was told they all did that!

Awesome Used Car Value
By Dbob on 04/10/09 05:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car with 37k miles, CPO, for $25k. For this I got a luxury badge, 306 HP, rear-wheel drive, a class-leading interior, concierge service, free loaner Lexus, brand-new Goodyear F1's, brand-new floor mats, 3 years of bumper-to-bumper warranty with no deductible, and a beautiful, high-performance vehicle from the most reliable brand in America. Nothing else I tested came close to this level of value.

Lexus IS350 equals Great Overall Value
By Edwin217 on 04/06/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used with 24K miles on it and it completely feels like a brand new car. Very smooth, quite, and all the luxuries you can expect from Lexus. The seats are very comfortable and ventilated, great looking dash, tons of aftermarket parts available for those looking to modify. It has great exterior styling that receives plenty of looks anywhere you go without needing to break the bank. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Also most believe BMW 3series, Infinity G35, or Audi A4 drives better but unless you drive all 4 the choice becomes clear. Lexus IS350 will make u smile every time ur behind the wheel. Not to mention better looking interior than all 4.

MAJOR fun car, minor complaints
By tjp on 02/26/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm approaching my third year anniversary with my IS350, and it's still the best purchase I've ever made. Passengers still get in and say "wow". But after three years you realize there are a few little things that you would change if you could. Warning: What follows are complaints that in NO WAY would cause me to not buy another IS350. I love this car in every way, shape and form. I still pinch myself that I own a car this amazing. Okay, disclaimer over, read on...

Best of both worlds
By anon on 01/18/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus IS 350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Lexus IS350 offers the best of quality and performance. It is fast, stylish, comfortable and it is, above all else, a Lexus. No squeaks, creaks or rattles. You'll find other reviews that pan the IS350 in favor of BMW 3-series handling. That may be true, but I drive my IS on the interstate and around town, not on the track. I want creature comforts and quality craftsmanship in addition to performance. So while BMW aficionados may have the "handling" argument won, everything else falls in favor of the Lexus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.