2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
One of the Best RWD Car you can get
By Testing123 on 12/09/05 05:30 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The styling of the car is very agressive and sporty. For a 3255lbs vehicle the car perform very well. The engine was build for import tune spec and respond very well to performance modification. I wish Lexus would have use a more agressive cam from supra engine to move the stock rear wheel horse power up to 188whp. My IS300 AKA Altezza has gone through couple of performace Mod, like a stage1 turbo kit from inovative turbo and fujitsubo high flow exhaust, which boost the WHP to 323whp. The stock clucth will take this mod without any problem. This is one of the best vehicle ever build and it will surely out performed a BMW series 3 with a small modification to the intake and exhaust system.

I wanted so bad to like this car!
By mjf on 11/21/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Where do I start… I have had this car at the Lexus shop 7X in the past year for numerous rattles & squeaks which still aren’t fixed. I have had the clutch on the AC replaced, the AC/heater fan motor replaced, the heating/AC control unit replaced, & the sunroof track system replaced. I wanted so bad to like this car but it has been nothing but a pain. Performance wise, it just OK. The 5-speed manual shifts hard & the traction control is bad, kicks in when taking off or cornering hard & then stays activated too long causing lack of power. The car handles well on dry & wet pavement, however, it's downright scary on any remotely slippery roads. I wished I'd bought a BMW again.

My Most Fun Car in 50 years!
By Gina Hudson on 11/09/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving 50 years and have driven a Lexus automobile since 1993. This IS 300 is undoubtably the most enjoyable car I've ever owned to drive, exceeding even the Lexus 400. As a rather "vertically challenged" woman, I've never, until the IS 300, been able to see over a hood of any car I've driven (scary thought). This automobile allows me to sit high enough to have a clear view of the front of the car. It makes driving fun and much more comfortable for me. In today's market, this automobile is a bargain!

Who's supposed to buy these things?
By Lmigliore on 10/15/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The IS 300 seems conceptually confused. It's an imitation 3-series BMW but Lexus had to muffle its road feel and give it unreadable instruments. The instrument cluster on this car is the ugliest and least functional I have ever seen. The traction control cuts the power on city street corners. It burns much more premium gas than a car its size should. It beeps if I get out of the car wrong. I guess if I wanted a Toyota I should have gotten a Corolla.

BabyLexus
By Tony Santini on 10/12/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the IS300 5 speed back in June 2005. The experience so far is excellent. No complaints aside from the poor reception from the radio; specially when you turn the rear window defroster. The suspension makes this car to stick to the ground at higher speeds. Everyone has complimented me on the great looks of the car.

Dream Car
By Lexy on 08/16/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Incredible handling, style, and capabilities. I loved the look of this car and had to have one. I love the way it drives even more, and would buy another, if I had a bigger garage!!!

Lexus IS 300, A smart buy
By tweeter on 08/10/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After seeking out the best car for the money and be fun to drive, I would seek no further than the IS 300. With it's reliability, resale value, power, handling, options and price this car is the best all around. Thumbs Way Up!!

EJM
By ejm on 08/09/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It had been a long time since I purchased a new car. Driving the IS 300 is like a breath of fresh air. It is manuverable, responsive, and quick off the line. It is quick to deliver whatever I ask it to do. It performs so well that I rarely require the use of some of the other high-performance options.

Street Racing
By Witman on 07/25/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is nice around the curves and bends in the industrial areas. It has a nice acceleration and good top speed. The E-shift provides good handling and power too. Very good design also.

Know I can Depend on It
By Sherron on 07/10/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The interior styling and exterior styling could be better. However, it has plenty of power, top speed, and is a blast to drive. Most importantly, I have not had to even think about going into my pocket to pay for some type of mechanical problem. It is one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned along with my former 1987 Mazda RX-7. I wish it were a little bigger but overall for the money it is the best quality vehicle in its class. With its power and torque it will do anything I ask in Los Angeles driving.