2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
I didn't know I could love a car so much
By southernguy138 on 10/16/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this 2005 IS300 with 129k miles and is simply amazing. Drives like new, literally. Very quiet and the straight 6 engine is superb, its quick, and you can't even feel the transmission shift. By far, this car is the most fun I've driven. I know these cars are good for over 300k miles with little maintenance. Everyone should have the opportunity to own one of these. You'll have a hard time sleeping knowing its in your driveway. I have had no regrets buying this car! GET ONE!

2005 IS300. What a car! Sporty and luxury
By javalencia on 08/19/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I've ever owned. A smart decision if you get one. 124k miles and runs like a champ. In the city will eat up gas a little more than it should but on the fwy is as good as my previuos 07 Corolla. Powerful, smooth, quiet and very responsive engine. Automatic transmission shifts smooth. I love the reliability, confortablity, style, interior design, re-sale price and everything about this car. Even with "kind of" high mileage haven't had a single problem. Do regular maintenance and car wont let you down. It's just a blast to drive.

One of the best cars I own
By leonstark on 01/21/12 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

By far one of the best cars I have owned in the past 10 years! when i bought the car I didnt think it was better than the 330Ci but i gotta say its just like it but better than it in some ways! i love my bimmer but i gotta say although this car was released a year ahead of e46 bimmers it did a good job competing against them. =D

Loved the IS300 since debut
By jeremp on 09/16/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently picked up the last year IS300 (2005). I have always wanted one and I do not like the IS250 or IS350, they look too much like other lesser vehicles. I love the reliability, mine has 93k miles but I have seen them with over 200k and still running. The sunroof doesn't work, but it is 7 years old and I don't use the sunroof. I love the inline 6, v6 are not as torque'y.

Who's supposed to buy these things?
By Lmigliore on 10/15/05 00:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The IS 300 seems conceptually confused. It's an imitation 3-series BMW but Lexus had to muffle its road feel and give it unreadable instruments. The instrument cluster on this car is the ugliest and least functional I have ever seen. The traction control cuts the power on city street corners. It burns much more premium gas than a car its size should. It beeps if I get out of the car wrong. I guess if I wanted a Toyota I should have gotten a Corolla.

Lexus IS 300, A smart buy
By tweeter on 08/10/05 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After seeking out the best car for the money and be fun to drive, I would seek no further than the IS 300. With it's reliability, resale value, power, handling, options and price this car is the best all around. Thumbs Way Up!!

EJM
By ejm on 08/09/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It had been a long time since I purchased a new car. Driving the IS 300 is like a breath of fresh air. It is manuverable, responsive, and quick off the line. It is quick to deliver whatever I ask it to do. It performs so well that I rarely require the use of some of the other high-performance options.

Street Racing
By Witman on 07/25/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is nice around the curves and bends in the industrial areas. It has a nice acceleration and good top speed. The E-shift provides good handling and power too. Very good design also.

Know I can Depend on It
By Sherron on 07/10/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The interior styling and exterior styling could be better. However, it has plenty of power, top speed, and is a blast to drive. Most importantly, I have not had to even think about going into my pocket to pay for some type of mechanical problem. It is one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned along with my former 1987 Mazda RX-7. I wish it were a little bigger but overall for the money it is the best quality vehicle in its class. With its power and torque it will do anything I ask in Los Angeles driving.

Lexus IS 300 or is it a Toyota?
By jeffb on 06/01/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a total let down. It has no interior room or space for anything. The back seat is a joke if anyone up front is near 6ft. The trim inside is cheap. Not at all what I expected from a "Lexus" - I really feel this car is a Toyota with a face-lift. You even feel the bumps of the road and you can hear the outside. I would not buy this car again.