2005 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
The best
By slav on 03/13/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome to drive and really nice on a round smooth and perfect in winter this car is best for a teenager looking to race and customize the car sweet ride have fun.

The little lexus that could
By radardodger on 11/06/08 03:31 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! It feels so light and nimble on twisty back roads it's just plain fun! It never feels like its going to get away from you, even when the front tires are pushing into a turn. Little "step outs" from the rear end are easily corrected on dry roads. The only thing this car needs to be the ultimate entry level "luxury sport", in my mind, is another 50 hp. Very quiet inside, even with 19s. The tiptronic auto works well, although 2nd gear could be a bit taller. Traction control is a bit intrusive, but does its job, even if it stays on to long when it kicks in. The motor, although lacking power, is silky smooth! And that's an understatement.

Most fun I Have had in many years
By Wolfpodd on 09/19/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only problems I have had was scraping the front right bumper on a high curb!! My Bad!! This vehicle is a ton of fun to drive. Handling is great, powertrain is strong. I have a 5 speed manual so gas mileage is better.

Great Sporty Luxury Car
By Stephen on 12/19/07 09:39 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My friend picked up this car after crashing his Passat. After he took me for a ride, I had to get my own. Although it's not as fast as the 250/350 series, I think the exterior is more attractive. I bought mine with a ground effects package, custom rims, and spoiler. Later, I added tinted windows. Overall, especially with the customization, it is a very attractive and sporty car. It is fast with great handling except for occasionally slipping in wet spots. The price was right for a luxury vehicle. The mileage isn't great for a small car. After 30,000 miles, I haven't had a single problem.

It was love at first sight
By helen on 01/29/07 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so in love with this car when I first saw it and took a look at all the features, but the only downside was the mpg. Not a big deal at the moment, I thought. So WRONG. The mpg is the only reason I don't want to own this car anymore. I feel safe driving in this car and everything's nice (although the inside could be bigger), my brakes squeak a lot too. Everytime I ask someone who works at the dealership what's up with it, they keep saying it's brake dust, and I don't buy it.

On month 7
By Kevin on 01/16/06 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love most everything about this car aside from the craptacular gas mileage. The ride is also a bit harsh, but that might be just me getting older :-) To date I haven't had any warranty work done to the car - a primary reason for buying this car for me was Lexus reputation. If you are considering buying this car I would encourage you to do so.

One of the Best RWD Car you can get
By Testing123 on 12/09/05 05:30 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The styling of the car is very agressive and sporty. For a 3255lbs vehicle the car perform very well. The engine was build for import tune spec and respond very well to performance modification. I wish Lexus would have use a more agressive cam from supra engine to move the stock rear wheel horse power up to 188whp. My IS300 AKA Altezza has gone through couple of performace Mod, like a stage1 turbo kit from inovative turbo and fujitsubo high flow exhaust, which boost the WHP to 323whp. The stock clucth will take this mod without any problem. This is one of the best vehicle ever build and it will surely out performed a BMW series 3 with a small modification to the intake and exhaust system.

I wanted so bad to like this car!
By mjf on 11/21/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Where do I start… I have had this car at the Lexus shop 7X in the past year for numerous rattles & squeaks which still aren’t fixed. I have had the clutch on the AC replaced, the AC/heater fan motor replaced, the heating/AC control unit replaced, & the sunroof track system replaced. I wanted so bad to like this car but it has been nothing but a pain. Performance wise, it just OK. The 5-speed manual shifts hard & the traction control is bad, kicks in when taking off or cornering hard & then stays activated too long causing lack of power. The car handles well on dry & wet pavement, however, it's downright scary on any remotely slippery roads. I wished I'd bought a BMW again.

My Most Fun Car in 50 years!
By Gina Hudson on 11/09/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving 50 years and have driven a Lexus automobile since 1993. This IS 300 is undoubtably the most enjoyable car I've ever owned to drive, exceeding even the Lexus 400. As a rather "vertically challenged" woman, I've never, until the IS 300, been able to see over a hood of any car I've driven (scary thought). This automobile allows me to sit high enough to have a clear view of the front of the car. It makes driving fun and much more comfortable for me. In today's market, this automobile is a bargain!

BabyLexus
By Tony Santini on 10/12/05 18:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the IS300 5 speed back in June 2005. The experience so far is excellent. No complaints aside from the poor reception from the radio; specially when you turn the rear window defroster. The suspension makes this car to stick to the ground at higher speeds. Everyone has complimented me on the great looks of the car.