Used 2005 Lexus IS 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

The best
By slav

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome to drive and really nice on a round smooth and perfect in winter this car is best for a teenager looking to race and customize the car sweet ride have fun.

manual and gps

Turbo

The little lexus that could
By radardodger

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! It feels so light and nimble on twisty back roads it's just plain fun! It never feels like its going to get away from you, even when the front tires are pushing into a turn. Little "step outs" from the rear end are easily corrected on dry roads. The only thing this car needs to be the ultimate entry level "luxury sport", in my mind, is another 50 hp. Very quiet inside, even with 19s. The tiptronic auto works well, although 2nd gear could be a bit taller. Traction control is a bit intrusive, but does its job, even if it stays on to long when it kicks in. The motor, although lacking power, is silky smooth! And that's an understatement.

That silky smooth motor! Leather feels very rich and smooth. Stock audio is fair. And of course, just the simple fact that its a Lexus :)

The trunk opening is horrible. There is a fair amount of cubic feet, but forget putting bulky objects in there.

Most fun I Have had in many years
By Wolfpodd

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only problems I have had was scraping the front right bumper on a high curb!! My Bad!! This vehicle is a ton of fun to drive. Handling is great, powertrain is strong. I have a 5 speed manual so gas mileage is better.

I love the way the car handles in turns and the cabin is very quiet. No rattles. Fit and function is excellent inside.

Steering controls for the radio, and other functions would have been nice to have

Great Sporty Luxury Car
By Stephen

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My friend picked up this car after crashing his Passat. After he took me for a ride, I had to get my own. Although it's not as fast as the 250/350 series, I think the exterior is more attractive. I bought mine with a ground effects package, custom rims, and spoiler. Later, I added tinted windows. Overall, especially with the customization, it is a very attractive and sporty car. It is fast with great handling except for occasionally slipping in wet spots. The price was right for a luxury vehicle. The mileage isn't great for a small car. After 30,000 miles, I haven't had a single problem.

Customer service. Speed and handling. Reliability. Exterior design. Interior design. Price.

Small backseat. Small trunk with smaller opening. Radio controls on steering wheel. Slips occasionally in wet spots. More comfortable bucket seats.

It was love at first sight
By helen

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so in love with this car when I first saw it and took a look at all the features, but the only downside was the mpg. Not a big deal at the moment, I thought. So WRONG. The mpg is the only reason I don't want to own this car anymore. I feel safe driving in this car and everything's nice (although the inside could be bigger), my brakes squeak a lot too. Everytime I ask someone who works at the dealership what's up with it, they keep saying it's brake dust, and I don't buy it.

The shifter, the dash and the gauge settings. The exterior too, it's definitely a cute car.

MPG is horrible. brakes squeak. i've also been having bad radio reception as of recently.