Used 2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

I didn't know I could love a car so much
By southernguy138

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this 2005 IS300 with 129k miles and is simply amazing. Drives like new, literally. Very quiet and the straight 6 engine is superb, its quick, and you can't even feel the transmission shift. By far, this car is the most fun I've driven. I know these cars are good for over 300k miles with little maintenance. Everyone should have the opportunity to own one of these. You'll have a hard time sleeping knowing its in your driveway. I have had no regrets buying this car! GET ONE!

engine, comfort, transmission

nothing.

2005 IS300. What a car! Sporty and luxury
By javalencia

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I've ever owned. A smart decision if you get one. 124k miles and runs like a champ. In the city will eat up gas a little more than it should but on the fwy is as good as my previuos 07 Corolla. Powerful, smooth, quiet and very responsive engine. Automatic transmission shifts smooth. I love the reliability, confortablity, style, interior design, re-sale price and everything about this car. Even with "kind of" high mileage haven't had a single problem. Do regular maintenance and car wont let you down. It's just a blast to drive.

Great confortable and well-built leather seats. Powerful engine. Smooth transmission. Reliability.

Maybe better gas mileage, but understand is a quick/powerful/responsive 3.0 engine.

One of the best cars I own
By leonstark

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

By far one of the best cars I have owned in the past 10 years! when i bought the car I didnt think it was better than the 330Ci but i gotta say its just like it but better than it in some ways! i love my bimmer but i gotta say although this car was released a year ahead of e46 bimmers it did a good job competing against them. =D

probably watching all of the instruments fall into place every morning i go to work.

the only thing i dislike about this car is probably its gas mileage, but who cars about gas mileage when you dont have to be bored while driving right?

Loved the IS300 since debut
By jeremp

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently picked up the last year IS300 (2005). I have always wanted one and I do not like the IS250 or IS350, they look too much like other lesser vehicles. I love the reliability, mine has 93k miles but I have seen them with over 200k and still running. The sunroof doesn't work, but it is 7 years old and I don't use the sunroof. I love the inline 6, v6 are not as torque'y.

Inline 6, chrono dash, extrerior and interior design.

A little more HP and better gas mileage. a 6 speed would be nice.

Who's supposed to buy these things?
By Lmigliore

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The IS 300 seems conceptually confused. It's an imitation 3-series BMW but Lexus had to muffle its road feel and give it unreadable instruments. The instrument cluster on this car is the ugliest and least functional I have ever seen. The traction control cuts the power on city street corners. It burns much more premium gas than a car its size should. It beeps if I get out of the car wrong. I guess if I wanted a Toyota I should have gotten a Corolla.

Rear windows roll down completely. Radio is pretty good. Handling is good with traction control off. Seats are comfortable.

Since this style has been discontinued, it's irrelevant but it would have been a good car if you could read the tach and speedometer and the steering wasn't so numb.