2005 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
I didn't know I could love a car so much
By southernguy138 on 10/16/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this 2005 IS300 with 129k miles and is simply amazing. Drives like new, literally. Very quiet and the straight 6 engine is superb, its quick, and you can't even feel the transmission shift. By far, this car is the most fun I've driven. I know these cars are good for over 300k miles with little maintenance. Everyone should have the opportunity to own one of these. You'll have a hard time sleeping knowing its in your driveway. I have had no regrets buying this car! GET ONE!

2005 IS300. What a car! Sporty and luxury
By javalencia on 08/19/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I've ever owned. A smart decision if you get one. 124k miles and runs like a champ. In the city will eat up gas a little more than it should but on the fwy is as good as my previuos 07 Corolla. Powerful, smooth, quiet and very responsive engine. Automatic transmission shifts smooth. I love the reliability, confortablity, style, interior design, re-sale price and everything about this car. Even with "kind of" high mileage haven't had a single problem. Do regular maintenance and car wont let you down. It's just a blast to drive.

One of the best cars I own
By leonstark on 01/21/12 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

By far one of the best cars I have owned in the past 10 years! when i bought the car I didnt think it was better than the 330Ci but i gotta say its just like it but better than it in some ways! i love my bimmer but i gotta say although this car was released a year ahead of e46 bimmers it did a good job competing against them. =D

Loved the IS300 since debut
By jeremp on 09/16/11 08:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I recently picked up the last year IS300 (2005). I have always wanted one and I do not like the IS250 or IS350, they look too much like other lesser vehicles. I love the reliability, mine has 93k miles but I have seen them with over 200k and still running. The sunroof doesn't work, but it is 7 years old and I don't use the sunroof. I love the inline 6, v6 are not as torque'y.

The best
By slav on 03/13/10 15:54 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome to drive and really nice on a round smooth and perfect in winter this car is best for a teenager looking to race and customize the car sweet ride have fun.

The little lexus that could
By radardodger on 11/06/08 03:31 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! It feels so light and nimble on twisty back roads it's just plain fun! It never feels like its going to get away from you, even when the front tires are pushing into a turn. Little "step outs" from the rear end are easily corrected on dry roads. The only thing this car needs to be the ultimate entry level "luxury sport", in my mind, is another 50 hp. Very quiet inside, even with 19s. The tiptronic auto works well, although 2nd gear could be a bit taller. Traction control is a bit intrusive, but does its job, even if it stays on to long when it kicks in. The motor, although lacking power, is silky smooth! And that's an understatement.

Most fun I Have had in many years
By Wolfpodd on 09/19/08 17:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only problems I have had was scraping the front right bumper on a high curb!! My Bad!! This vehicle is a ton of fun to drive. Handling is great, powertrain is strong. I have a 5 speed manual so gas mileage is better.

Great Sporty Luxury Car
By Stephen on 12/19/07 09:39 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My friend picked up this car after crashing his Passat. After he took me for a ride, I had to get my own. Although it's not as fast as the 250/350 series, I think the exterior is more attractive. I bought mine with a ground effects package, custom rims, and spoiler. Later, I added tinted windows. Overall, especially with the customization, it is a very attractive and sporty car. It is fast with great handling except for occasionally slipping in wet spots. The price was right for a luxury vehicle. The mileage isn't great for a small car. After 30,000 miles, I haven't had a single problem.

It was love at first sight
By helen on 01/29/07 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so in love with this car when I first saw it and took a look at all the features, but the only downside was the mpg. Not a big deal at the moment, I thought. So WRONG. The mpg is the only reason I don't want to own this car anymore. I feel safe driving in this car and everything's nice (although the inside could be bigger), my brakes squeak a lot too. Everytime I ask someone who works at the dealership what's up with it, they keep saying it's brake dust, and I don't buy it.

On month 7
By Kevin on 01/16/06 21:31 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love most everything about this car aside from the craptacular gas mileage. The ride is also a bit harsh, but that might be just me getting older :-) To date I haven't had any warranty work done to the car - a primary reason for buying this car for me was Lexus reputation. If you are considering buying this car I would encourage you to do so.

1 2 3 4 5 next »