2004 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Review: Tom's Lexus story

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon - Consumer Review

Tom's Lexus story
By Sydney on

2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 98 BMW328i for a cherry red Lexus IS300 Sportcross and have not looked back. It is fun to drive, styling is great... it's a "looker"! I keep getting compliments on the car. It is the only one in the area, folks don't know Lexus makes this model. Only one negative comment (someone put a card on the windshield saying "next time you buy a Lexus, don't get a hatchback!). The only negative I have is the gas mileage, never over 21 MPG! At least with the Beemer I was getting 33 on the highway and 23-28 city/highway mix!

Styling, styling, styling!!!! Great leather seats, all the control nobs are in the right place and are large. In- dash 6 cd player. Power, power, power when I need it! Flip down rear seats easy to operate and you don't have to remove the headrest to fold down.

Gas mileage (see above) The stupid buckle up signal light for the passenger seat flashes if I put something heavy on the seat. I don't need a reminder light blinking constantly. Fuel door release really belongs on a Cameray, not a Lexus.