Fun car to drive
By drivininaz on
2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
The car is very fun to drive. It takes corners well with little to no sway. E shift is fun but cumbersome to use on a regular basis. The gauges take a little time to get used to - The speedometer is hard to read around the 5's. The MPG guage is very distracting since it bounces all over the place telling you the instant MPG - not helpful over the long haul. Looked at the TL and G35 as well as the ES300 they drove like a larger family car which wasn't what I was looking for at this time. Inifinty dealership went old school w/me with the hard sale. Lexus dealership was the easiest car purchase I have made to date.
Favorite Features
I like the sporty look. Memory seats. Full size spare w/set of tools. V6 is nice but the MPG does suffer and I do not think I am getting the MPG listed on the sticker. Sound system is great. Love the Blue color!
Suggested Improvements
The back seat should fold down for additl storage. Ski bag is lame. Trip computer w/avg mileage, mileage left on tank etc. Current MPG instrument is worthless. Cupholders suck. XM radio std would be nice. MPG stated is VERY misleading. Audio controls on steering wheel. Bluetooth