2004 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Get One!
By Seepage on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Ifniti G35 coupe and sedan and the Acura TSX. I really liked the G35 coupe and didn't think anything would compare. I drove the IS right after the G35 Coupe and was actually still impressed with it. Couldn't get any kind of deal on either the Infiniti or the Acura because they are just "too hot" right now. Remembered my Lexus test drive, went back to Lexus to revisit the IS and it was the greatest decision I've ever made. Good deal, awesome performance, sick handling, long standard feature list and the excellent service of the Lexus dealership. Get one!

Tom's Lexus story
By Sydney on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 98 BMW328i for a cherry red Lexus IS300 Sportcross and have not looked back. It is fun to drive, styling is great... it's a "looker"! I keep getting compliments on the car. It is the only one in the area, folks don't know Lexus makes this model. Only one negative comment (someone put a card on the windshield saying "next time you buy a Lexus, don't get a hatchback!). The only negative I have is the gas mileage, never over 21 MPG! At least with the Beemer I was getting 33 on the highway and 23-28 city/highway mix!

IS300
By MarkS13ct on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2001 BMW 325xi for the IS300 after I was told I needed my 3rd transmission. I was a previous Lexus owner and missed the reliability, build quality and service missing from most of the industry. I am very pleased with this car even after giving up the all wheel drive. There is nothing like a Lexus.

ok...but, missing somthing.
By JMan on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good but not great. I think this car is going to have to step it up to continue to compete with the big boys. I think it looks a little to much like boy racer cars (i.e. civic and such). Does not really stand out in the looks department.

Not a Winter Car
By JasonW on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I must tell all that are interested in the IS300 to BEWARE if you live in even mild winter climates. I own this car and purchased the limited slip differential and thought that the snow button in the car would help but they do nothing at all in even mild snow conditions. I live in Louisville, KY. It is like driving a death trap. I almost got in a wreck the first week I bought it and actually wrecked this past Thanksgiving. I have to put 200lbs of salt bags in the small trunk to hopefully keep me from sliding and spinning my back tires. Don't buy this car unless you live in the SOUTH!

Everyting I thought it would be and more
By Leo De La Rosa on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a nice car for as long as I could remember. When I went to buy my new car I had never even been inside a Lexus. I loved the test vehicle that I used and when I actually got the vehicle I wanted in the color and extras I was in shock. It didn't hit me til a couple of weeks that I had actually purchased a Lexus IS300. This car drives incredibly, fast, comfortable, and it turns heads. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a nice car and doesn't want to pay overcharges for a tag.

rollin in style
By horace on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

i would recomend this vehical to any one between ages of25-38 has all of the features you need four doors if you have kids easy to get them in and out it also has style no need for station wagon not to mention power 215hp and lot of rear wheel fun with TRAC CONTOL OFF you know what i mean and to finish it off drivers and passanger front and side air bags to keep every one safe

Only for the young at heart
By Anghang on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The handling on this car is so impressive. I guarantee you a smooth quiet ride even with a 17-inch alloy wheel. I love the interiors! ... no hard wood, nice aluminum pedals, chronograph-style instrumentations and 6-disc CD auto-changer with 8 speakers and 240W power. And the exterior design ... perfect. The first of its kind having white (smoked) lights on both front and rear. Plus the headlamps is high-intensity. Did I mention the fog lamps and the homelink tranceiver and the 8-way adjustable seats in front with 2 driver memory? Guess what, all of those things ... standard! So forget what the oldies like ... This car is for the young at heart.

Love It!! Love Lexus!!
By Lawboy02 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Would buy another...Lexus quality and Lexus Service can't be beat.

VerySatisfied
By hleee on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my IS a lit over 2 weeks now. Very satisfied. This is the best entry level luxury sport sedan I can say. You get the most considering the money. I can tell you this caus I was out there for car shopping for 1 year!