2004 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
best car ive ever had
By Erol on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is the perfect car for those of you who want something larger than a coupe but still want something sporty and fun to drive, and catchy. this car has great acceleration, handling, and features

IS300 finally a car for the "twenties"
By BostonBadBoy on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Classy yet fun! Lexus would have a hit a home fun if they offered a v8. I would die for a v8 coupe which is rumored to be coming out next summer *drools* I absolutely love the handling of this car the only downfall is the lack of power and I have a 5 speed manual! Also this car gets loose very easily be careful!

The Best by far
By Jbrasil on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best by far...Will always own one

For a specific purpose
By Titans Fan on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a big car that has alot of room to haul around cargo and people, then you shouldn't be looking for a sport sedan. But if you are truly interested in a vehicle that makes you part of the road then look no further. This car's ability to grip the corners at high speed is rivaled only by your local theme park. Its the most fun you can have in a car.

Best Sport Sedan
By Retroman Driver on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best Sport sedan I ever Had!! In the past I own BMW 1600, Audi 90, Datsun 240Z, But this is by far is the near perfect sport sedan. Buy it stick shift to enjoy it. 3.0 liter engine has plenty torque to spin tires. I got the "SPORT DESIGN" (list $1,335), which has nice features: 11-spoke tires and 8-wat adjustable seets(a must). By the way, before I got my Lexus, I test drived all the other sport-sedans + one sport car. Infinity G-35, BMW 330, Mercedes 320, Acura and Nissan 350Z. They were all nice, but I liked the way IS 300 held the rode, it's quality and the tastefull interior and exterior design.

Sportcross in want of manual 6 speed
By Dan Moon on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With the conflicting personality traits of family responsibilty to a wife and two children and woeful levels of lingering adolescent car lust I have nearly found the ideal combo. Lexus is 9/10ths there, but not quite. They need M3, S4 hotcha, sports suspension, and a 6 speed manual in the Sportcross. With a bit better marketing and spec., Lexus would do really well with this car.

most fun for the dollar
By tanyboy on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is just very fun to drive. Besides the marginal fuel economy, the car just has plenty to offer...handling,styling, and pricing a dream come true!

All the car w/o the snob of BMW
By DanG on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just drove my home the IS300 sportsdesign in Thundercloud Gray color. All the bells and whistles that come standard on the sportsdesign minus the Navigation system. I swapped out the 11 spoke rims for the orginal 5 spoke style because I liked the sporty look of the 5 spoke much better. This Car is a very smooth ride, and fast! I drove the BMW330 and the Audi A4 1.8T. Forget the A4 if your looking for performance! The beemer was pretty even, but the Lexus was roomier in the front seat and just a much less old man feeling car. The all weather tires handle like rails. not sure what the big deal some make about that is. I highly recommend this car!

Best Value
By viber on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My other considerations when I was shopping for a car were: A4 3.0, BMW 325i. I finanlly picked the IS300 because of the quality and the value. A4 3.0 being significantly more expensive (however, it comes with quattro) and 325i being significantly slower and lacking in some features, IS300 provides the best value. It is an extremely fun to drive vehicle with the best handling after the A4. However, when it comes to reliability, I had to drop my bias for European cars and pick a Lexus which has the best name in liability.

A All around fun CAR to speed in
By Lexusguy2003 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The acceleration literally just made me smile on my test drive. The comfort of the wheel and the sporty design won me over. I just feel happy driving my Lexus. If you want a car thats fun to drive, this is the one for you. I don't really even have to pounce on the gas to make this baby pass on the highway.