Used 2004 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Woo Hoo
By happy girl

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned the car for a week and I have already had 4 complete strangers ask me about it because they are thinking of getting one of their own. IS300 is sporty, classy, fun, and reliable.

Tight handling, awesome sound system, sporty design, soft leather, sun roof, quiet ride

None

Upgrade to performance
By RJ Rafael

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2004 Lexus IS300 5 speed manual. let me tell you that this car is like a rollercoaster every time i get in. My last car was a 95 acura integra that was hooked up!...it had everything...it was my pride and joy.The IS300 has the Luxury and the sport capability that i once owned. i made a great choice in purchasing this IS300.The IS300 has way more to offer. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!I can still keep the speed and Sporty-ness and still be looked at as the young adult. I dont even want to fix up this IS300....its already Fixed up...if your looking for a Sports car please dont pass on the IS300.

ITS A LEXUS ...WHATS NOT TO LOVE!...the sound system ROCKS!!! Trust me i had a 2400 watt MB quarts sound system with 2 12's and this sound system still brings it.the look the feel and the performance.

man i just filled up my tank and it cost me 40 bucks! the gas mileage is not the best feature.needs 6 speed. could use more cargo space. could introduce diffrent color's to the dash panel.other than that its great.

great car
By sam song

2004 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

very good experience. beautiful inside and out.

Quality, Value and Reliability
By haja1994

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth driving and beautiful design. Ideal for young professionals with taste who do not want to spend too much.

Auto lights, and beautiful interior and exterior designs.

I love her
By JamesTx

2004 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a Graphite pearl grey with a 5spd. It is great. I love the dash layout and the seats. Also the aluminum pedals and trim looks great (unlike that cheasy wood). The exterior is beautiful, I love the front end, and the Euro ligths look nice too.It handles great, and the engine picks up quick. The inline 6 is the same one that toyota put in the Supra.

The 5sp manual ( autos are boring), the auto leveling lights, and the limited splip differential ( a must in this car, no fun without it).

It needs more low end torque,that would really help drop the 0-60. Toyota should put a turbo on like the Supra had and have this baby making 320hp! Then she would be fast. ALSO, put on some wider tires on(I think they are 7 inches wide, they should be 9 atleast).