Used 2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

SportCross 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

This is the best car in the world
By Lexus IS300 Sports C

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Lexus Sport Hatchback is the greatest car for me. I carry children around in it, it's very safe. And if I'm driving a long distance the gas saved by not driving a huge monster oversized van or truck-type vehicle is enormous. Plus, this car is so much fun to drive. I'm usually the first to volunteer to drive anywhere because it is such fun and very comfortable. The sound system is wonderful as well. I can't say enough about this fabulous car. It has it all.

Favorite Features

The safety features, The 6 disc sound system The way the car handles The comfort and fun of driving it

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of one thing!

Go Gita!
By Gray Gita

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The SportCross is a small wagon with a Supra engine. It moves like a cat and stops on a dime. Add a turbo and run with M3 BMWs but for thousands less. The car has an aggressive, naughty stance. Interior is sporty not luxurious. With the seats down, I have loaded five kitchen cabinets with room to spare. The rear floor lowers for added flexibility; there are several stealth storage areas and hooks for tie- down straps. Called the Altezza Gita in Japan, accessories, such as a roof rack, are available via importers. The SportCross is both practical and fun. If you want soft luxury get a different Lexus. If you want to ride a unicorn while everyone else is on a horse, get a SportCross.

Favorite Features

I love the sporty drive and the auto- manual shift buttons are a blast on winding mountain roads. I like the way the navigation system’s screen folds away gizmo-geek style. I also love the chronographic instrument cluster; the silly MPG gauge is actually useful for optimizing fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

The rear windshield wiper control is not intuitive -SPRAY shouldn’t be next to OFF. Front cup holders are silly but work, rear are great. Gas mileage is poor -press SNOW button to trade driving excitement for better mileage. Control over the stereo’s fade and equalizer settings needs refinement.

Great styling reliable
By lexy

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

love it. handles great and the design gets much attention turning heads. engine could have more power.

Favorite Features

everything but gas economy and power as compared to other cars in its class.... IE g35, Acura tl with 260-270 hp

Suggested Improvements

would love a turbo option like the supra had

great car
By sam song

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

very good experience. beautiful inside and out.

Everything I wanted
By Saz

2004 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I wanted some utility but not an SUV. The car is FUN to drive, very comfortable, at least for front seat occupants and is so different from anything else on the road. It's nice to have such a unique vehicle. I look forward to driving it every day. Steering/handling, and brakes are excellent and it has PLENTY of power for me vs. my old 4 banger. You can go 80 and feel you are not pushing the car at all. I am perfectly willing to but snows on in the winter for the RWD experience.

Favorite Features

Power(acceleration), fit and finish, brakes, steering, full leather interior, sound system, high intensity headlights, hatchback utility, Lexus experience.

Suggested Improvements

A little more back seat room but I'll never be in the back. Wish it got a little better gas mileage, 20 mpg. but I knew that going in. Lexus should make their dealers aware that this car is available. Some dealers told my they did not make the SportCross anymore!