2004 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
2004 IS300 Automatic -
By zebani on 10/20/14 17:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I owned over 20 vehicles in the last 5 years, including IS250 & IS350, but I never wanted to get rid of my IS300. We have put 50K miles on this car over the last 3 years and it is THE MOST reliable car that I have ever owned. I always get 22-26 MPG mixed, 70% city and 30% highway, and the requires the absolute minimum maintenance such as brake pads, rotors and oil change. The timing belt had been just replaced when I bought the car and since then I only needed to replace the rotors, brake pads, spark plugs other than the regular oil change. I always use synthetic oil, premium gas and some fuel additives.

Terrible gas mileage, no back seat room
By slow_jim on 08/28/12 07:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Surprisingly little room for a luxury car. My wife's 2010 Insight had more room. We bought this hoping that the gas mileage would be better than rated, as I had heard some owners were getting 30mpg highway. We did not find that to be the case. Even without the 'PWR' button on, we were only getting ~22mpg highway on premium. Simply unacceptable for such a small car. Also the dash on these has a chronic melting issue on the passenger side airbag cover. Interior really does not hold up well over time. My car was an 04 but felt more like it was 15-20 years old. Got rid of it in less than 6 months and gladly took a loss on the sale. Maintenance at Lexus dealerships is expensive, take it to Toyota

Hott
By Sonny D on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The engine is the best part i found out that the engine is a toyota Supra Engine in it an its 215-hp with a addition of a booster increase the hp to 500-hp

Love our Lexus
By Jim&Michelle on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We had a couple of BMW 3 series before this car and have been extremly pleased with the quality and conveniences of the Is300. I would suggest to those looking for an alternative to the BMW and Acura to test drive this car!! The reliabilty, along with the unreal pampering of Lexus has spoiled both my wife and I.

Reliability and fun
By DaveIS300 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its been 4 months and I'm loving every second I'm in it. Luxury plus sporty features, its just great. Has great handling, looks great, and built to last with that Toyota quality. The only thing is gas mileage. Your better off driving leisurely with it to get better gas mileage. Driving it all city would hit you in the gas budget really fast. Otherwise, I love my full package deal all leather. Comfortable and has good speed not great, but something a modifaction of an exhaust and intake can help.

Very impressed
By dhenri on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the handling of this car and it does turn lots of heads. It's fun to drive and play with. It surprises alot of people it being a Lexus and Lexus not being really associated with sportscars. The hit the nail on the head with this one. Tons of aftermarket parts for it if you wish to personalize your ride. No regrets here whatsoever.

Fun car to drive
By drivininaz on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very fun to drive. It takes corners well with little to no sway. E shift is fun but cumbersome to use on a regular basis. The gauges take a little time to get used to - The speedometer is hard to read around the 5's. The MPG guage is very distracting since it bounces all over the place telling you the instant MPG - not helpful over the long haul. Looked at the TL and G35 as well as the ES300 they drove like a larger family car which wasn't what I was looking for at this time. Inifinty dealership went old school w/me with the hard sale. Lexus dealership was the easiest car purchase I have made to date.

I love my Lexus
By Shannon Kates on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car....I've wanted this car ever since it first came out and finally went out and bought one. I love the design, comfort, and I have fun driving.

My second IS 300
By DirkDigler on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, the speed, the handling, the feel.

IS300 is amazing
By Mattrre on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing in every respect compared to its competition (G35, A4, 325, c230, etc). Although it is not as powerful as some in this list, it makes up for it in superior handling, better brakes, and a much more beautiful design, inside and out. Since these are not top sellers in this country, you can easily find one fairly affordable and at the same time have a car that you dont see everyday (like the 325i). I bought mine for 33k black/black auto with navigation. This car could easily go for 30k or lower. I suggest you check this out if you are looking for a car in the 30k price range. Also, this is the most relibable lexus.