Road trip
By KJsIS on
2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I took a road trip from Texas to NY and back about 3 weeks after buying this Sportcross. I found that I had to use cruise control on long drives, otherwise the seat would become very uncomfortable for my gas pedal leg. I've taken this trip before in a GTI VR6 and didn't experience any discomfort. Of course, this problem wouldn't be noticed during day to day driving, only on 600+ mile cruises. Besides that, the paint chipped much more than I expected for a premium car (GTI fared better). Other than those issues, I've truly enjoyed the 2 months with this car.
Favorite Features
Great stereo, very good handling, and the Sportcross' looks are unique. I did not see another on the road during the 4000 mile trip (only sedan versions). I got many 'thumbs up' from passing motorists and have had a lot of positive comments from people checking out the car.
Suggested Improvements
Driver's seat front adjustment similar to BMW 330 because the seats seem a little short and become uncomfortable on long drives. A few more horses would be nice and/or a 6-speed transmission.