2003 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Review: Perfect city car.

2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Review

E-Shift Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Perfect city car.
By jsu888 on

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm probably the least likely buyer for this car. My last car was a BMW 7 series. I just got tired of all the repairs required by the German cars. This year alone I spent over $10K on over 7 trips to Dinan on everything from leaking transmission oil gasket to air conditioner rebuild. I'm returning to Japanese models. I wanted something small for San Francisco and with navigation system. Not too many to choose from. I evaluated Mercedes C230, Toyota Prius, BMW 3 series. This is the only one with DVD navigation system. That means only one disk is required for the entire North American continent, and about $6K less than a comparably equipped BMW 325.

Navigation. Ferrari style shifter. Smooth automatic transmission. Great handling and brakes. Fit and finish is superb. This car is made in Japan! I think it's better quality than an US made Avalon or Camry.

Touch screen navigation. More head room. Steering a bit twitchy. Maybe wider tires will fix this problem. Automatic rear window sunshade. Fold down rear seats. RX300 style remote controlled window down would be nice.