Lexus did it again!
By CMac on
2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I just bought this car about 6 months ago, and I haven't regretted it for a second. It's reliable, but still plenty of fun to drive. It handles curves extremely well at 60 mph+. Surprisingly, it handled very well in rain and snow, even though it only had highway tires on it. Traction could be better, but snow tires should remedy any slippage problems. No small feat considering we're talking about Salt Lake City winters. It accelerates well considering it only has 215 bhp. I have gotten plenty of looks and compliments on the car. Road noise is minimal, it's actually possible to carry on a conversation without yelling to be heard. The E-shift system is nice, but somewhat hard to use in a turn.
Favorite Features
Excellent handling and traction, intensa blue pearl paint, 17-inch alloy wheels (some of the best looking stock wheels out there), great sound system, exterior styling, aluminum pedals, 4 door sedan sensibility, quiet cabin, ergonomic cabin controls, hide-away navigation system, Lexus reliability.
Suggested Improvements
The cupholder located underneath the armrest doesn't make much sense, anything bigger than a 12 oz. soda can isn't going to fit under there unless you put the armrest up. Rear legroom is ok, but a little more wouldn't hurt. Same goes for the trunk. Painted brake calipers, I had to do that myself.