2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Perfect city car.
By jsu888 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm probably the least likely buyer for this car. My last car was a BMW 7 series. I just got tired of all the repairs required by the German cars. This year alone I spent over $10K on over 7 trips to Dinan on everything from leaking transmission oil gasket to air conditioner rebuild. I'm returning to Japanese models. I wanted something small for San Francisco and with navigation system. Not too many to choose from. I evaluated Mercedes C230, Toyota Prius, BMW 3 series. This is the only one with DVD navigation system. That means only one disk is required for the entire North American continent, and about $6K less than a comparably equipped BMW 325.

One fine automobile
By LCDR on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A fine touring automobile. The DVD navigation system and excellent sound system made a recent trip a pleasure. Excellent acceleration and handling. I am very pleased with this car.

Impressed so far
By kfrost on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The person who claimed it is a clone of a BMW and they should have gotten one don't know where you are coming from. If anybody is comparing it's performance hp wise it's between the 325 and 330. Handling and precision of steering in my opinion equals either one of BMW's and then at 7k less than the 325 there's not really a comparison unless you donating an extra 7k. Also, the people giving 1's after the first day, I don't care what the product when you produce thousands of something with thousands of parts there are going to be problems from time to time. I hope you get taken care of and repost with the service you recieved during this time.

Lexus....baby!
By Altezza on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, and as you can see by the fake lexus owners (probably own a bmw) ratings, the is300 scares them because the handling of this japanese import is near their bimmer's quality. Handling is great, those who hate it are just jealous =P

Balanced
By spylogic on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think this car is awesome. It's a pleasure to drive everyday. Sure it could use a little more hp but I'll fix that with a few modifications that will still keep in under warranty. It has all the modern creature comforts inside and fits my life style very well. In general I think it's a great value.

IS300
By DJ jr. on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I knew as soon as I test drove the IS I was going to take it home. It's inline six makes it super quick, and suspension and handling are far better than BMW 3 series and the Infiniti G35. The polished alloy 17's complete the beautiful exterior. As far as the interior, well its just awesome.

Fast and Comfortable
By d12ew99 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

LEXUS IS 300 Is a great car. Great pick up and beautiful design. Looks more expensive than what i paid for it. LSD, RWD, 215hp, 5speed,17inch graphite rims, with a lip spoiler. This Car has it all for performance! :LUXURY wheres the wood? hahah.. SAVING THE TREES? Full Leather Interior with attractive Gauges for Speedo! Full Spare with rim included!

Great Car
By A. J. on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the IS 300 E-style, black/black, lots of options and out the door at $29,000. Fun to drive, smooth ride, great handling and looks great.

Good Car good Price
By babybluegsr92 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car i am buying another one for my mother she loves it so do it great ride little loud on roud noise but what can i say it has 17's not small tires good quick great for the money chicks dig it.

Fun To Drive And Chear to Own
By mik on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wow great car for the money. My freind bought a 3-SERIES about the same time I bought my IS 300 his car has been in the shop 4 times for warranty repairs mine has not been in at all.That's a good feeling because I was thinking of buying one before I settled on the Lexus.It really Handles well in any condition I would recomend this car to anyone except maybe somone who likes to visit their dealership on a regular basis.