2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Perfect Sports Sedan
By Jaytoez on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the perfect balance of quality, value, style and performance. If you are looking for a 4-door that will turn heads but not break your wallet paying for options, the IS300 is the one.

Better relialility and looking than euro
By Supra Boi on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is very nicely built. With innovative designs like the chrono dash and the clear tail lights that started an entire trend in the import scene. Although the performance is not head and shoulders above euro competitions, the price isn't either. And with BMW and Audi's bad history of reliability and MB's outrageous pricing, the IS 300 is a clear choice for a smart buyer that's in the market for a luxury sport sedan.

Nothing but fun!!!
By javi01 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

From day one this car has been nothing but fun. It’s so much fun to drive that I think I’m addicted to taking unnecessary trips to the store. I expected a very good car bearing the Lexus name. I got even more than I expected. The IS fusses luxury, performance and value. Plus the great reliability of the proven 3.0L Lexus engine (Used in the GS300 as well) gives me peace of mind.

IS has it all
By archtctura on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The overall performance and handling of the car is superb given that its lexus' first shot into the mid-size sport category. I have driven the car in the heat of arizona summers and the cold of chicago winters and truely say it starts without a complaint. The build quality is what you would expect from toyota, plastic to fill in the voids, and a horrible paint job! The design aspects of the car such as aggressive lines on a 5 star 17" low profiles is great to look at in the parking lot and interior was cutting edge and the first of it's kind.

IS 300
By E M on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Very fun to drive.

NOT FOR THE COLD STATES
By brenda on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the style, fun to drive. Not good on gas but not suprised. The biggest suprise was it's performance on a snowy road!!! TERRIBLE! I relocated to a cold state just 2 months ago, bought this car and I'm not sure what to do. I couldn't start accelerating from a stop and slid while driving. Tire dealer recommended slow down and drive a different car! Great car but only in a sunshine state.

NOT FOR THE COLD STATES
By Brenda on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Tons of fun
By snaik1 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the money this is a great car. Lots of fun. I have the tickets to prove it.

Get something else...
By whatisit on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Actually got mine in May 2001; not 2002. It was before the standard was available; so I am stuck with a slipping aoutomatic. Handles great; not quick enough; has its fair share of problems. Being that I live in NY; I have to drive it in the snow - talk a bout a freaking adventure!!! I mean, the car does not really excel at anything other than handling; but everything else is so average at best - it cannot make up for its downfalls. Do yourself a favor; save your pennies and get a real sportscar. If it has to have 4 doors than save up for a 540. Looking forward to getting out of my lease early on this thing - I am a bit disappointed.

Perfect city car.
By jsu888 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm probably the least likely buyer for this car. My last car was a BMW 7 series. I just got tired of all the repairs required by the German cars. This year alone I spent over $10K on over 7 trips to Dinan on everything from leaking transmission oil gasket to air conditioner rebuild. I'm returning to Japanese models. I wanted something small for San Francisco and with navigation system. Not too many to choose from. I evaluated Mercedes C230, Toyota Prius, BMW 3 series. This is the only one with DVD navigation system. That means only one disk is required for the entire North American continent, and about $6K less than a comparably equipped BMW 325.