2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Reliable
By compcond on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I still miss my A4. '98 Avant with 49,000 miles. $5,700 in repair bills (not including cat) during years 4 and 5. No accidents, all maintenance and repairs done by Audi dealers. Car needed ECM #3 and had Check Engine light when I traded it in... and I still miss it. The IS strives to be a German car... it's not. It's a great handling, super reliable, fun to drive, really nice Toyota.

I love this car!
By Nickel on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has satisfied every penny that I have spent on it, especially its style. The headlights and the tail lights just amaze me every time I see them. In fact, everyday I can't wait till it gets dark just to have a reason to turn them on. The interior maybe a bit small, but what do you expect from a luxury compact sport sedan? The orange dashboard lights against the black really looks good too. The car rides very smoothly and nimbly through the forest of cars on the highway at rush hour. Overall, I think this is a better buy than a BMW 3 or a Mercedes C.

is300
By dcamp on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

BMW 330 is too much $$ for what you get. Infiniti spent all their $$ on an engine, but it doesn't deliver anywhere else. This car in flat out fun to drive and delivers on style, performance and luxury.

add those turbos
By Aaron J. Lexus on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 5-speed is definitely the way to go. Add aftermarket air induction, a turbo, and a back-cat exhaust. This alone will up the performance value to a 10. I want to directly port a 50- shot or 100-shot bottle of NOS on mine for some real big horse power gains. Some aftermarket turbos, although reaching about $6,000, offer a boost of up to 500 horse power! Improved handling and a slammed stance can be found in an AEM suspension system. I would think that this car would have a little more room in the cabin since it is a sedan. And I've always liked 2 door coupes so much more. It's still really phat for being a Lexus.

Sporty and Fun
By Royster on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's more fun than I deserve.

Sportcross 1 year review
By JoeyL on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For a station wagon, it is at the top of its class. It hauls whatever I need it to and is comfortable for my whole family. It's too early to tell, but the reliability rating seems good, and Lexus was one of the best rated for this. I considered the BMW but too many friends have multiple problems with theirs. Reliability is my most important factor.

Great Car
By Ron. K on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Our family buys only stick shifts because they are fun and so much more responsive. We were attracted to The Lexus for its small size and the Lexus reputation for service. Before the test drive we had no clue that it would be such a hoot to drive. It is responsive, comfortable, quiet and solid. The only drawback was that it made the choice of a second car much more difficult as we were spoiled.

Love it
By Weebnuts on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, great performance, great styling, all with the best reliability in the industry.

No destination needed, just roads
By Yoyogi1 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Take this to a twisty mountain road, then you know why you'll stay off the interstate whenever possible. the steering is fast but accurate. limited body rolls let you challenge each corner with confidence. Because of its extremely effective brakes, you get to explore the full potential of the engine's wide and linear power band.

fine car back dealersip service
By good car bad service on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car overall is fun to drive, its fast and great when going around corners. The body looks great and interior is cool looking. BUT BOY DOES THE DEALERSHIPS HAVE BAD SERVICE...so BEWARE!! ex. watch for door digs and when they give u an oil change, cause they cracked my under carriage and wont fix it!