2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Love this car
By James Taylor on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I have been waiting for forever.

MY WHEELS
By NUNZ on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE EXTERIOR DESIGN. G35 COPIED IT,CADILAC COPIED IT.GREAT PERFORMANCE IN THE HANDLING DEPT AND GREAT PICK UP SPEED FOR EVERY DAY DRIVING.COULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE HORSEPOWER. INTERIOR OK,AGAIN A LITTLE MORE TO COMPETE WITH BMW.LOVE MY WHEELS......P.S WHEN IS THE IS 430 COMING, IM IN LINE.

Why buy a fancy camry?
By robcrowley on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

nothing really thrilling about the eshift automatic. This car is loaded yes but the automatic is so boring to drive and the handling is ok but not all that - rear wheel sucks who cares. after 2 mos I am buying a Saab 9-3 Arc. thankfully with the dealer incents I am not losing my shirt on the lexus. Make sure you test drive Saabs, Audis etc This is really a revved up camry and I am not so happy. oh yeah and after 20K of boring drivng you'll have to cough up over a grand for the new tires you need. Also the service coverage ends with the first oil change so get out your $$

Well designed car
By mountainman on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove several other vehicles (Acura's, Infiniti, etc...) The Lexus is by far the best. Handles like a dream, well made and the instrumentation is intelligently designed. It has a beautifully smooth ride, but feels "tight" when you want to drive aggressively. By far the best car for a young adult with more mature needs (family etc...) but having that sports car drive. Kudos.

Well designed car
By Mountainman on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

IS 300 is a solid car
By Waggy on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the IS 300 for only a week and have never before owned a Lexus. Already my family has agreed we will never be without another Lexus in our garage. The IS 300 is a SOLID car. It has magnificant handling. If you check out the slalom times this thing is as quick as stock vette. The interior is incredibly beautiful and I feel like Lexus is very focused on the driver.

2nd IS300
By vlad_a on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car enthusiast... I just purchased my second IS300. Manual this time, only auto was available in 2001. This is an amazing vehicle. Handling is great and predictable, styling is perfect. For those complaining about bad handling in snow - get snow tires!

best car
By good guy on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got a good car. It's a fun to drive. excellent handling, nice design (rear), and perpect audio system are best of this vehicle. Also you drive fast in freeway, you feel attraction of is 300.

Excellent Car
By RHjohnny on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

No comparison. Great car, great value, outstanding performance. A++++

I Love my IS 300
By Diana504 on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got this car for my birthday. It is everything and more. Extremely fun to drive. It curves easily and has quick pick-up. E-shift is fun to use.