2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
My IS
By ryan1984 on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my IS300 5 months ago and love it. I am actually 18 and have 4 friends with one, and I have never heard a complaint. The E-shift almost makes it feel like you are actually shifting, and when your not it is so smooth. NICE!

German fun - Japanese reliability
By thomasrex on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent handling makes fun out of any canyon roads. Engine is like butter, and the 2002 Auto is smooth

The IS300 used to be cool...
By BenzE320 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my car in late 2002, its now 2003 and every 'homie g' who can scam up $35k is driving one. I am truly sick of every honda teenager wanting to be me with the tail lights and oversized exhaust. I am happy with it overall, but it's a bmw or infiniti for my next car, unless lexus grows up.

awesome car
By Lnoch86 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its by far the best mid-price 4 door sports car on the market.

GREAT CAR
By IVAN MARIO on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR.. I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES.. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE.. AND I LOVE THE LOOK

MY WHEELS
By NUNZ on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE EXTERIOR DESIGN. G35 COPIED IT,CADILAC COPIED IT.GREAT PERFORMANCE IN THE HANDLING DEPT AND GREAT PICK UP SPEED FOR EVERY DAY DRIVING.COULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE HORSEPOWER. INTERIOR OK,AGAIN A LITTLE MORE TO COMPETE WITH BMW.LOVE MY WHEELS......P.S WHEN IS THE IS 430 COMING, IM IN LINE.

Love this car
By James Taylor on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I have been waiting for forever.

Why buy a fancy camry?
By robcrowley on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

nothing really thrilling about the eshift automatic. This car is loaded yes but the automatic is so boring to drive and the handling is ok but not all that - rear wheel sucks who cares. after 2 mos I am buying a Saab 9-3 Arc. thankfully with the dealer incents I am not losing my shirt on the lexus. Make sure you test drive Saabs, Audis etc This is really a revved up camry and I am not so happy. oh yeah and after 20K of boring drivng you'll have to cough up over a grand for the new tires you need. Also the service coverage ends with the first oil change so get out your $$

Well designed car
By Mountainman on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove several other vehicles (Acura's, Infiniti, etc...) The Lexus is by far the best. Handles like a dream, well made and the instrumentation is intelligently designed. It has a beautifully smooth ride, but feels "tight" when you want to drive aggressively. By far the best car for a young adult with more mature needs (family etc...) but having that sports car drive. Kudos.

IS 300 is a solid car
By Waggy on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the IS 300 for only a week and have never before owned a Lexus. Already my family has agreed we will never be without another Lexus in our garage. The IS 300 is a SOLID car. It has magnificant handling. If you check out the slalom times this thing is as quick as stock vette. The interior is incredibly beautiful and I feel like Lexus is very focused on the driver.