2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Could be a bit faster, but I love mine
By TerenceL on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Cheaper than the 330i, more fun to drive than most smaller sedans, but can also be used to drive clients or parents around (unlike say the Impreza WRX). I love mine. I was also considering the G35, but the reliability differences between Toyota and Nissan put my money on the Lexus.

my review
By thisflyguy on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

grows on you after you drive it!

Disappointed
By Pathdoc on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great handling. Needs more power. Disappointed by clunking noise when shifting 5 speed (District Operations Manager finally admitted a design flaw in dual plate flywheel) Quirky auto climate control searches for right cabin temp. Dealer service arrogant and indifferent. Not what I expect from Lexus! Now have a dashboard rattle

I LOVE MY IS3
By SXE-10 on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not only the IS300 is fun to drive but Lexus Customer Service is one of the best!

IS300
By Jeremy'sIS on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my IS for a week now and I love it. It handles great still has a good ride considering the low profile rubber on the 17" wheels. Has decent aceleration and never feels bogged down. The seats are comfortable. I wish I had an office chair like it. this is a fun to drive car. Oh yeah and you get Lexus service and reliability of a toyota. Everything about this car screams fun and luxury.

My IS
By ryan1984 on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my IS300 5 months ago and love it. I am actually 18 and have 4 friends with one, and I have never heard a complaint. The E-shift almost makes it feel like you are actually shifting, and when your not it is so smooth. NICE!

German fun - Japanese reliability
By thomasrex on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent handling makes fun out of any canyon roads. Engine is like butter, and the 2002 Auto is smooth

The IS300 used to be cool...
By BenzE320 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got my car in late 2002, its now 2003 and every 'homie g' who can scam up $35k is driving one. I am truly sick of every honda teenager wanting to be me with the tail lights and oversized exhaust. I am happy with it overall, but it's a bmw or infiniti for my next car, unless lexus grows up.

awesome car
By Lnoch86 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Its by far the best mid-price 4 door sports car on the market.

GREAT CAR
By IVAN MARIO on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR.. I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES.. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE.. AND I LOVE THE LOOK