Used 2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Best Car I have ever owned
By Eric Bosak

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not had one problem with my IS 300. Once I get in, it is hard for me to get out. Love it so much I could not get rid of it to get one of the new 2006 IS 350s. No matter if it is the gas station or a stop light people are complimenting me on it all the time. The only negative thing I have to say about the car is that the back seat lacks room. Over all I think it is one of the best cars out today. Love the car more then life itself.

The look of the rally car. The oversized wheels with the huge tail pipe and the clear Altezza tail lights just set the car off. At night time with the yellow fog lights on everyone knows what is screaming up in their rearview mirror.

When using the E-Shift you can't start the car off in first gear, it will only let you shift down to second.

2003 IS-300 review
By Todd

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is outstanding - fun to drive, and absolutely reliable. Mine has a 5-speed transmission. Quality of everything is top-notch. My only complaints were the way the transmission shifted for about the first year - clutch was very difficult to engage smoothly, but it eventually broke in and is now fine. There has not been a single thing wrong with the car since the day I drove it out of the showroom.

Handling is great. Interior design is very nice, including the leather seats that look good and are not hot in summer or cold in winter.

Gas mileage seems too low for a car this size. I'm only getting about 21 MPG in combined city/highway driving.

I'm VERY happy.
By DPhillips

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I knew when I bought my car I was going to love it. I have always liked Lexus vehicles and I have not been disappointed. This car is obviously marketed towards the 21-25 age demographic (a demographic that I am no longer in). I'm sure eventually I'll upgrade to a bigger car, but I'm confident that it will be a Lexus as well.

It's a Lexus, Power, Layout of the cockpit, very reliable.

Room for other passengers/storage, gas mileage.

what a blast
By bayuvar

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

A fun car to drive, even when commuting. Large enough for 3 passengers, small enough to park in tight spaces. It runs well on mid grade gasoline [89 octane] without much noticable effect on performance; has never 'pinged' yet.

I like the outside shape, very unobtrusive, not flashy on first glance. It looks elegant and yet fast, as it is.

Perhaps better mileage, although I come close to the stated mileage on sticker. The inside could use a more usable center console instead of that 'silly little box with a lid'.

LITTLE Lexus ...with loads of attitude
By farhaan

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

the car is smooth..no problems so far with my car dealership is the best in town..helps a lot.Drives smoother than a bmw or an audi ..i own a 2003 bmw 325i but IS is lot better than it because of it luxuriousnes and ride

NAV,XENON LIGHT