Used 2003 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

IS 300 - none better in its class
By cvp7878

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent handling and great acceleration. The dash gauges are like no other car. Built solid and let's face it it's a Lexus. I have had for over a year and I love it. It can run with any car in its class.

Body design, great car to do mods to, interior like no other, dependable, mint gauge design, and it's a Lexus.

Little more power from the radio. It's not a big car, so you would figure it would do better with gas. But all sporty cars aren't the greatest on gas.

Lexus did it again!
By CMac

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car about 6 months ago, and I haven't regretted it for a second. It's reliable, but still plenty of fun to drive. It handles curves extremely well at 60 mph+. Surprisingly, it handled very well in rain and snow, even though it only had highway tires on it. Traction could be better, but snow tires should remedy any slippage problems. No small feat considering we're talking about Salt Lake City winters. It accelerates well considering it only has 215 bhp. I have gotten plenty of looks and compliments on the car. Road noise is minimal, it's actually possible to carry on a conversation without yelling to be heard. The E-shift system is nice, but somewhat hard to use in a turn.

Excellent handling and traction, intensa blue pearl paint, 17-inch alloy wheels (some of the best looking stock wheels out there), great sound system, exterior styling, aluminum pedals, 4 door sedan sensibility, quiet cabin, ergonomic cabin controls, hide-away navigation system, Lexus reliability.

The cupholder located underneath the armrest doesn't make much sense, anything bigger than a 12 oz. soda can isn't going to fit under there unless you put the armrest up. Rear legroom is ok, but a little more wouldn't hurt. Same goes for the trunk. Painted brake calipers, I had to do that myself.

Never had a problem
By Z

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most fun I ever had. I only changed the oil and air filter in 3 years. Other than that it is the most reliable car I ever had.

Love the stereo system

They should make the antenna smaller and unable for anyone to take.

Best Car I have ever owned
By Eric Bosak

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not had one problem with my IS 300. Once I get in, it is hard for me to get out. Love it so much I could not get rid of it to get one of the new 2006 IS 350s. No matter if it is the gas station or a stop light people are complimenting me on it all the time. The only negative thing I have to say about the car is that the back seat lacks room. Over all I think it is one of the best cars out today. Love the car more then life itself.

The look of the rally car. The oversized wheels with the huge tail pipe and the clear Altezza tail lights just set the car off. At night time with the yellow fog lights on everyone knows what is screaming up in their rearview mirror.

When using the E-Shift you can't start the car off in first gear, it will only let you shift down to second.

2003 IS-300 review
By Todd

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is outstanding - fun to drive, and absolutely reliable. Mine has a 5-speed transmission. Quality of everything is top-notch. My only complaints were the way the transmission shifted for about the first year - clutch was very difficult to engage smoothly, but it eventually broke in and is now fine. There has not been a single thing wrong with the car since the day I drove it out of the showroom.

Handling is great. Interior design is very nice, including the leather seats that look good and are not hot in summer or cold in winter.

Gas mileage seems too low for a car this size. I'm only getting about 21 MPG in combined city/highway driving.