Used 2003 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

GREAT CAR
By IVAN MARIO

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR.. I LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES.. I LOVE THE PERFORMANCE.. AND I LOVE THE LOOK

Favorite Features

NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM

Suggested Improvements

BIGGER BACK SEATS

MY WHEELS
By NUNZ

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE EXTERIOR DESIGN. G35 COPIED IT,CADILAC COPIED IT.GREAT PERFORMANCE IN THE HANDLING DEPT AND GREAT PICK UP SPEED FOR EVERY DAY DRIVING.COULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE HORSEPOWER. INTERIOR OK,AGAIN A LITTLE MORE TO COMPETE WITH BMW.LOVE MY WHEELS......P.S WHEN IS THE IS 430 COMING, IM IN LINE.

Favorite Features

EXTERIOR LINES, SHARP SLOAPING LINES AND NICE REAR.

Suggested Improvements

A LITTLE MORE HORSE,BETTER QUALITY INTERIOR....P.S IS 430...PLEASE

Love this car
By James Taylor

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the car I have been waiting for forever.

Why buy a fancy camry?
By robcrowley

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

nothing really thrilling about the eshift automatic. This car is loaded yes but the automatic is so boring to drive and the handling is ok but not all that - rear wheel sucks who cares. after 2 mos I am buying a Saab 9-3 Arc. thankfully with the dealer incents I am not losing my shirt on the lexus. Make sure you test drive Saabs, Audis etc This is really a revved up camry and I am not so happy. oh yeah and after 20K of boring drivng you'll have to cough up over a grand for the new tires you need. Also the service coverage ends with the first oil change so get out your $$

Favorite Features

6 CD changer but you can get that from anyone now nothing relaly thrills me about it the looks are ok

Suggested Improvements

the seat is not comfortable and the interior is so cheap and plastic compared to most any car at this price point esp SAAB - don't do it you will be disappointed- Euro Cars feel much better

IS 300 is a solid car
By Waggy

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the IS 300 for only a week and have never before owned a Lexus. Already my family has agreed we will never be without another Lexus in our garage. The IS 300 is a SOLID car. It has magnificant handling. If you check out the slalom times this thing is as quick as stock vette. The interior is incredibly beautiful and I feel like Lexus is very focused on the driver.

Favorite Features

The gauges are some of the coolest I have ever seen. I have the base model with one upgrade, leather and it has everything I could ever want in a car.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus needs to work with its Toyota counterpart and find a way to drop in a single turbo or two small turbos. With enough power it could take on a BMW M3.