Used 2003 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

lexus is
By matt pickett

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

love the look handling and performance of the car

Disappointed
By Pathdoc

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great handling. Needs more power. Disappointed by clunking noise when shifting 5 speed (District Operations Manager finally admitted a design flaw in dual plate flywheel) Quirky auto climate control searches for right cabin temp. Dealer service arrogant and indifferent. Not what I expect from Lexus! Now have a dashboard rattle

Favorite Features

Responsive handling. Don't see yourself coming and going.

Suggested Improvements

More power-30-50 HP. Redesign flywheel to eliminate noise. Smooth out climate control logic. Teach dealership what customer SERVICE should be.

Road trip
By KJsIS

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I took a road trip from Texas to NY and back about 3 weeks after buying this Sportcross. I found that I had to use cruise control on long drives, otherwise the seat would become very uncomfortable for my gas pedal leg. I've taken this trip before in a GTI VR6 and didn't experience any discomfort. Of course, this problem wouldn't be noticed during day to day driving, only on 600+ mile cruises. Besides that, the paint chipped much more than I expected for a premium car (GTI fared better). Other than those issues, I've truly enjoyed the 2 months with this car.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, very good handling, and the Sportcross' looks are unique. I did not see another on the road during the 4000 mile trip (only sedan versions). I got many 'thumbs up' from passing motorists and have had a lot of positive comments from people checking out the car.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat front adjustment similar to BMW 330 because the seats seem a little short and become uncomfortable on long drives. A few more horses would be nice and/or a 6-speed transmission.

I LOVE MY IS3
By SXE-10

2003 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not only the IS300 is fun to drive but Lexus Customer Service is one of the best!

Favorite Features

LSD and Traction Control "on" and "off" button. You can turn off your traction control and be "Superman" do some rear wheel driving tricks or turn it on to be "Clark Kent" and cruise... =)

Suggested Improvements

Make the 5 speed manual transmission a lot smoother.

IS300
By Jeremy'sIS

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my IS for a week now and I love it. It handles great still has a good ride considering the low profile rubber on the 17" wheels. Has decent aceleration and never feels bogged down. The seats are comfortable. I wish I had an office chair like it. this is a fun to drive car. Oh yeah and you get Lexus service and reliability of a toyota. Everything about this car screams fun and luxury.

Favorite Features

Smooth Auto, Exterior design. handling, great audio system, fuel economy, Fun Fun Fun.

Suggested Improvements

could use lubar support for seats, maybe 20-30 more horses