2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Home-Run
By 03is on 07/11/11 17:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ready? Love the car, but since I just recently bought it, I've had to do some work getting it up to par as the prior owner didn't take great care. However, it's a Lexus, so a blind monkey could drive it into a lake and it'd be better than anything on the road. A few cosmetic issues inside and out, and 90k service hadn't been done. When something breaks on this car, it's costly. But if you take care of it, it'll take care of you. I wish they had that mentality! That said, It's a joy to drive. Slightly heavy and a bit sluggish, but with 200+hp, you don't lack for power. Finding low-mileage units is just about impossible, and when you purchase yours, you'll see why.

Sold my IS 300 after Seven good years
By Aja1 on 07/27/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my '03 IS after seven years and 161,000 miles (purchased new). During my ownership, I never replaced a light bulb, only replaced the brakes once and the tires twice. The car was a joy to drive and I would have kept it for another 100,000 if I didn't need a bigger car for a growing family. I wish I liked the new IS series as much, but I thought the styling dropped off and the inline-6 was special.

IS 300 Superb!!!
By Carlos Dextre on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I do love this machine.

AWESOME CAR! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
By REDD on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THE REVIEW OF IT SAYS IT ALL. THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE GAS MILEAGE.

Hot Godsend
By Editor on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car not only turns heads, it keeps your head assured that it'll always be reliable with a furious performance.

best car for the money
By kobe on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

test drove A4 1.8, Acura TSX, and Acura TL Type-S and none of them were as fun to drive as the IS. At the time of purchase, the Type-S has 2.9 apr which was why it was in my price range, but it was too big for my taste and the styling was not aggressive enough. Although the Type-S is an excellent car, it didn't turn the heads like the IS.

Love this car so much, A++++++++++++++++
By Andriew on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling and performance. A++++ graded enginering, build quality, reliability and fun to drive.

Great Car
By advancing on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for the $$$. My car history started out with a small Toyota truck for 2 yrs., a '94 T-Bird for 3, I went through 2 VW Jetta's over the course of 6 yrs., and now have advanced to the SportDesign IS300. It is amazingly smooth, and hugs the road like a glove. The auto-shifting is seamless, comfortable seating, and superb sound system, comparable to JBL or Bose.

love this car
By cjl32 on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a major headturner. Lexus has the best service in the world. I test drove the G35, CL, TL, 325i and the IS300 was by far the best deal and best car. This car is so quiet that sometimes I forget its on!

TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE.
By dgomez on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THE 03 LEXUS I OWN HAS TOO MUCH ROAD NOISE, I DONT KNOW IF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE TIRES OR UNDERBODY INSULATION. THE PERFORMANCE MIGHT BE MUCH BETTER WITH THE MANUAL SHIFT AND THE "E" SHIFT I HAVE IS SELDOM USED, I THINK IF THEY HAD MADE IT TO BE USED WITH THE SHIFT LEVER, AS IN THE ACURA, IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE FUN TO DRIVE. OVER ALL I AM PLEASED WITH THE CAR.