2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Long time owner
By nyjeff on 01/20/13 10:20 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in 03, 1st car I've ever put on 100K + miles. The car has been great - limited repairs (brakes); fun to drive, sporty; very practical, folded down split rear and front seat to carry home 8' lumber. Mostly commuting, but also long trips. Ride a bit harsh on seamed or rough roads.

Gram's fun car
By Unique in Omaha on 09/24/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing this car 18 mos. ago with 7000 mi on it, it has been one of the most fun, reliable cars I have ever owned. My grandchildren love riding in it and I can haul my plants and flowers with seats folded down. I get so many compliments on the looks, even from total strangers.

lexus is
By matt pickett on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

love the look handling and performance of the car

Road trip
By KJsIS on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I took a road trip from Texas to NY and back about 3 weeks after buying this Sportcross. I found that I had to use cruise control on long drives, otherwise the seat would become very uncomfortable for my gas pedal leg. I've taken this trip before in a GTI VR6 and didn't experience any discomfort. Of course, this problem wouldn't be noticed during day to day driving, only on 600+ mile cruises. Besides that, the paint chipped much more than I expected for a premium car (GTI fared better). Other than those issues, I've truly enjoyed the 2 months with this car.

Lexus Sport Cross
By kokomokid on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What I wanted in a car when I bought the IS 300 Sport Cross was a car that would drive like a sports car, but transport R/C model planes easily. It fills the bill, except that a manual tranmission is not available in the Sport Cross.

What's next?
By DMC90025 on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive alot! 2-3K per mo. Heavy LA traffice or flat out on a freeway. Car handles both very well. Got 21K on the clock. New Yokohamas to replace the crap Potenza tires that are over rated, at 20K. In summary, the biggest beef I have is the ability to adjust the driver's seat to my needs. Nada! Beef #2, as the trans shifts in to 2nd under kickdown , acceleration goes flat! Paint finish is not to the standard of the other Lexus cars, ie lots of rock damage, paint readily nicks down to the metal. Suggest new buyers put a small bra on the nose when they first get it.

Reliable
By compcond on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I still miss my A4. '98 Avant with 49,000 miles. $5,700 in repair bills (not including cat) during years 4 and 5. No accidents, all maintenance and repairs done by Audi dealers. Car needed ECM #3 and had Check Engine light when I traded it in... and I still miss it. The IS strives to be a German car... it's not. It's a great handling, super reliable, fun to drive, really nice Toyota.

Sporty and Fun
By Royster on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's more fun than I deserve.

Sportcross 1 year review
By JoeyL on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

For a station wagon, it is at the top of its class. It hauls whatever I need it to and is comfortable for my whole family. It's too early to tell, but the reliability rating seems good, and Lexus was one of the best rated for this. I considered the BMW but too many friends have multiple problems with theirs. Reliability is my most important factor.

Love it
By Weebnuts on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, great performance, great styling, all with the best reliability in the industry.