Used 2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

My Favorite Car. Will not sell it...
By Dae

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First, this car has become an exotic car. I really like the performance of this car, yet you can use it to commute and have enough cargo space for transporting things. It's very fun to drive and has a lot of power. And I really like how it looks..

Long time owner
By nyjeff

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car new in 03, 1st car I've ever put on 100K + miles. The car has been great - limited repairs (brakes); fun to drive, sporty; very practical, folded down split rear and front seat to carry home 8' lumber. Mostly commuting, but also long trips. Ride a bit harsh on seamed or rough roads.

Interior style more sophisticated than others; Flat fold down of frt and rear seats; engine

driver seat memory; higher profile, less performance tires

Gram's fun car
By Unique in Omaha

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since purchasing this car 18 mos. ago with 7000 mi on it, it has been one of the most fun, reliable cars I have ever owned. My grandchildren love riding in it and I can haul my plants and flowers with seats folded down. I get so many compliments on the looks, even from total strangers.

Great handling, fabulous look.

A little small for my friends over 6 feet.

lexus is
By matt pickett

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

love the look handling and performance of the car

Road trip
By KJsIS

2003 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I took a road trip from Texas to NY and back about 3 weeks after buying this Sportcross. I found that I had to use cruise control on long drives, otherwise the seat would become very uncomfortable for my gas pedal leg. I've taken this trip before in a GTI VR6 and didn't experience any discomfort. Of course, this problem wouldn't be noticed during day to day driving, only on 600+ mile cruises. Besides that, the paint chipped much more than I expected for a premium car (GTI fared better). Other than those issues, I've truly enjoyed the 2 months with this car.

Great stereo, very good handling, and the Sportcross' looks are unique. I did not see another on the road during the 4000 mile trip (only sedan versions). I got many 'thumbs up' from passing motorists and have had a lot of positive comments from people checking out the car.

Driver's seat front adjustment similar to BMW 330 because the seats seem a little short and become uncomfortable on long drives. A few more horses would be nice and/or a 6-speed transmission.

• SUV